Desk side Engineer
Posted on Jun 17, 2022 by Smartedge Solutions Ltd
As a member of the Site Services team the candidate will provide high quality support with very good customer service, technical expertise and timeliness. This position has frequent contact with users, peers and managers primarily face to face as deskside support for service requests and on-site problem resolution. The candidate will work in a team environment with a collaborative approach to resolving customer problems and supporting other members of the Site Services department. The candidate will also provide hands-on support to other IT teams including but not limited to Audio Visual, Network, Server and print services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches, resolves and responds to complex questions received via telephone calls or escalations, and provides support on services in accordance with current standards. Follows up with user to ensure problem is resolved satisfactorily.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of relevant product offerings, current support policies, and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- May act as product liaison for major products, working with other areas of IT, other departments and third-party vendors to solve technical issues as needed.
- Must be able to manually lift up to thirty (30) pounds when moving and repositioning personal computers and ancillary equipment.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of customer incidents and tasks to meet agreed upon service levels.
- Demonstrate initiative and act independently to resolve problems.
- Participate as a member of the rotating IT on-call team that provides 24 hour support to internal customers. Not all sites require on-call participation.
- Participate in team projects as requested.
- Management of onsite AV Technical Management, including configuration & installation of AV devices
- Perform routine testing and problem diagnosis for projectors, microphones, speakers, amplifiers & LCD/Plasma Displays
- Perform preventative maintenance to resolve problem or identify resolution to appropriate vendor or manufacturer
- Coordinate with AV equipment OEMs for resolution/workarounds, when required
- Assist with company meetings/functions that require use of AV infrastructure (audio, video conferencing, webcasting, visual display or projection, and control system (AMX, Crestron) operations
- Interact with client Customer Help Desk ticketing system to respond to end user requests
- Coordinates with client staff to determine AV basic infrastructure requirements for any new conference room or media design
- Setup and breakdown of all onsite meetings
- Daily system testing to ensure equipment and room functionality
- Responsible for escalating all next level break fix issues to their manager for resolution
Skills and Abilities:
- Customer focused - Customer is Attitude
- Personal accountability for results
- Minimum of 2 years' technical experience in providing Deskside Support
- PC hardware repair (Dell/HP), Windows system support, OS X Support
- Software installation/troubleshooting
- Performing Tech Refresh
- Mobile device support (iOS/iPhone/iPads) - excluding warranty hardware repair
- Asset tracking - Weekly tracking of New/Deployed Asset, Lost/Stolen Asset
- Basic support in Video conferencing equipment
- Must have experience in working with third party client managed mobile applications.
- Experience in Mobile Device Management and Mobile Application Management. ( iPhone and Android )
- Hands on Experience in Server Side maintenance like upgrading and patching activities.
- Experience in working on Intune and Blackberry UEM.
- Basic Knowledge of Network & Telephony Support
- Technical degree with 2 years of technical experience; or high school diploma/GED with 3 years of technical experience.
- Minimal 3+ years of experience in hardware, software and networking implementation and troubleshooting in a Helpdesk or Deskside Support environment.
- Must possess established customer service skills through 2 years of professional customer service experience.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of customers by phone, in person or via e-mail.
- Capability to work effectively as a team member, as well as independently on multiple projects.