Customer Project Manager
Posted on Jun 16, 2022 by Flint Consulting Limited
Customer Project Manager/FTC 1 year+ extension
Flint is currently looking for a Customer Project Manager for a long term contract with one of our clients based in the UK.
Manage projects to deliver customer business outcomes for transactional and subscription projects
Provide leadership, hold customers and the project team accountable to deliver projects on-time, within budget with high quality, while achieving customer satisfaction
Perform overall project-level planning and lead execution
Provide vision, strategy and business objective alignment to lead end-to-end project implementation
Responsible for project metric tracking, and managing project financials and profitability
Identify opportunities for additional business and provide input to presales and renewal evaluation
Identify risk, issues and develop risk response strategy
Lead the execution of contract Change Management process
Manage Partner delivery and commercials when 3rd party technical delivery resources are engaged on program
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Implement project structure and process to enable the delivery team to achieve on time, within budget, high-quality business outcomes
- Ensure scope and Change Management are in place for the project duration
- Ensure key stakeholder status reporting
- Risk, issue, communications management
- Mentor junior Project Management team members
- Participate in, or lead internal strategic or process improvement initiatives
- Typically focused on 1-2 large, complex customer projects
- When required, acts as Service Transition Lead within the presale's environment
- High-risk profile
- Multiple dependencies
- Multi-technology projects
- Global project delivery experience
- College/University degree or equivalent plus 10+ years related experience in a project management environment in comparable industry; ideally (not required) in an IT/Telco centric organization.
This requirement is for a project manager to own the delivery of a workstream designing and deploying innovative IT infrastructure in a Rail test rail track test environment. It is likely that the project manager will get involved in other workstreams, such as use case design & testing or others,
- Skills: Experience with rail track side projects, specifically around Enterprise/SP technologies strongly preferred.
- Competencies: A good understanding of rail processes around design, deployment and testing of rail-side IT infrastructure. Leading virtual engineering teams. Strong stakeholder management.
- Language Requirements: English
- Certifications: Ideally rail safety training completed to allow for site access, but not required.