Senior IT Systems Access Analyst
Posted on Jun 16, 2022 by The West Brom
The Senior IT Systems Access Analyst will assist the IT Service Desk Lead in helping to lead a team of IT Systems Access Analysts ensuring continual delivery of a high quality operational service. You will be responsible for ensuring all staff within the team are meeting defined SLA's, standards and all processes are followed to provide effective customer service.
The jobholder will be responsible for overseeing the IT Systems Access Control function required to support User access following security, risk, governance, policies and procedures on all occasions.
Key responsibilities are:
- Oversee the IT Systems Access Control function.
- Perform Policy review and implementation of changes.
- Maintain and review systems access levels, permissions and privileges.
- Maintain Active Directory for Windows.
- Maintain and review Exchange mailboxes and distributions lists.
- Maintain Starters, Transfers, Leavers
- Manage User Access Reviews and Job Role Based Matrices.
- Reviewing and managing Team Workload.
- Participate in internal and external audits.
- Ensure that audit actions are managed effectively.
- Ensure robust processes and controls exist.
- Proactively review User access levels.
- Follow call escalation procedures.
- Perform System administration tasks such as User set up, amendments and deletions as and when required.
- Identify and provide support, training and guidance to the IT Systems Access Analysts.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of procedures and system documentation.
- Provide effective and positive customer focussed support at all times.
- Ensure Requests are completed within agreed Service Levels Agreements (SLA's) which may require prioritising requests as appropriate to business needs.
- Assist in project work and must be capable of organising his/her workload according to agreed project plans.
- Providing any other systems access tasks as required.
- Work as a team to continuously improve systems access provision.
- Demonstrate strong people managements skills within a similar environment and perform monthly 1:1s for the team.
The skills and experience required are:
- Proven leadership, delegation and prioritisation skills.
- Must have excellent IT Literacy skills.
- Must be able to follow instructions well, and have the ability to learn new technical concepts.
- Must frequently amend system rules and understand the impact of such changes. the West Brom Job Profile
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of explaining simple procedures in writing or verbally with all levels of management and staff; good phone skills.
- Should be capable of managing daily workload, balancing the need to support the live business environment against demands placed on them by development, test, and project teams.
- Must maintain effective communication with managers from user departments.
- A strong commitment to continuous process improvement and customer service.
- Experience in the Information Technology field, although previous experience of systems administration would be a suitable alternative.
- The job holder must maintain effective communication with managers from user departments. Guidance will be available but immediate supervision will be limited. The jobholder will be expected to work on their own initiative.
- The role requires a good level of understanding on administering all degrees of systems access in the technical environments.
- The role requires the on- going development of systems access by maintaining and supporting test and training versions of the systems where needed.
- The job holder is responsible for planning the workload and resources for self and others.
- The jobholder may be requested to contribute to the formulation of project plans.
Values, Member Commitments and Leadership Competencies
We take pride in our Values, Member Commitments and Leadership Competencies, as they detail the way we should lead and behave towards both customers and colleagues alike. They are central to our behaviours to ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything that we do:
- Be Passionate - make a difference
- Care - do the right thing
- Be Real - authentic & transparent
- Do it Today - be resourceful & work efficiently
- Own It - take responsibility
- Better Together - Collaborate
- Listen to your ideas to make our products & services right for our members
- Promote our products & services in a clear and balanced way, showing the risks as well as the benefits
- Product rates fairly reflecting the benefit of being a mutual, run for the benefit of members
- Give you time to consider whether the product you have chosen is right for you
- Deliver what we promise and if we get it wrong, take responsibility and explain to you why and how we can put it right
- Commit to acting responsibly and in a sustainable way to support our future members and wider society
- Play an active role in our local communities, working with local community groups, schools & charities.
At the West Brom we support our people to be the best leaders that they can be. By communicating expectations clearly we can identify development needs, address these and in doing so improve individual, team and business performance, thereby supporting our Purpose. This will lead to us all achieving our potential and delivering our best to customers.
Personal Impact, Accountability, Self, Initiative, Resilience, Integrity and Development Needs.
Motivates Others, Manages Relationships, Is Agile, Makes Decisions, Communicates Effectively, Coaches Others, Delegates & Influences.
Managing Risk, Thinking Strategically and Creatively, Using Analysis to Drive Insights, Maintaining Customer Focus and Advocating Change.