Price Engineering - Mobile Systems Team Leader
Posted on Dec 6, 2018 by SunSource
Price Engineering, a SunSource company, is an engineering and distribution company that serves Mobile and Industrial markets who need fluid power products and services. Price's design assistance expertise guides our customers from product selection to fully engineered hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and automation systems and solutions.
The Mobile Systems Manager will lead a team of fluid power/mechanical and electrical designers in the design, application, quoting and supporting of electro-hydraulic systems for mobile machinery OEMs including pumps, hydraulic manifolds, hydraulic hose assemblies, filtration, reservoirs and control systems..
- Technical leadership in mobile electro-hydraulic system design.
- Review, advise, and approve circuit and system design for projects.
- Coordinate of the integration of hydraulic and electric systems within project teams.
- Coordinate engineering activities for Price Engineering Products including the Cyclone Reservoir.
- Work with the system designers with their weekly priorities.
- Manage entire team allocation and reporting of time for project design and support.
- Work with entire team on hydraulic/electric system cost estimating and final statement of work processes.
- Develop system requirements and statement of work for new mobile systems.
- Develop standard labor costs for assembly activities with manufacturing.
- Develop standard suppliers, components, and costing with purchasing.
- Support Application review efforts and risk evaluation of key projects.
- Lead efforts for continuous improvements to the designs of standard mobile system products.
Engineering Best Practice:Working with other engineering groups within the organization to help drive the following:
- Drive engineering standards prints, datasheets, and statement of work.
- Engineering tools Hydraw, MDtools, PDMetc
- Documentation / File Storage Locations
- Document naming conventions
- Present clear directives to team members
- Encourage the team members to share information. Emphasize the importance of each team member's contribution and demonstrate how all of their jobs operate together to move the entire team closer to its goal.
- Be a part of the team and work alongside of them by active listening, coaching and mentoring.
General Education and Experience:
- Education--2-year engineering degree minimum. Business and or leadership training preferred.
- Experience5- years as Application Engineer and Engineering Leader in fluid power with a strength in mobile electro-hydraulic systems.
Working at Price isnt just a job, but a collaboration of technical specialists, office professionals, engineers and more. Our team is carefully selected for their experience, energy and imagination in order to relentlessly pursue every possible solution for our customers.
So if you are a self-motivated individual and effective in achieving customer service success through your professional accomplishments then we want to hear from you!
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY PROGRAM
"hydraulic engineer", "fluid power engineer", "mechanical engineer", "hydraulic systems engineer", "hydraulic systems"