AWS Cloud Architect
Posted on Jun 16, 2022 by Cornucopia IT Resourcing Ltd
AWS Cloud Architect - Fully Remote - €450
We partnered with an industry-leading software company with headquarters located in Dublin and remote teams in UK and Europe. Our team members are typically located within 2-hour time zone for better collaboration.
We specialize in Digital Transformation including agile software development, DevOps, automation, databases, and cloud consulting. We are an AWS registered partner.
If you are looking for a challenging career working in a supportive environment with access to training and a global network of experts, this could be the role for you. As part of our global team, you will be working with innovative technologies and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of new skills on the job.
- In depth knowledge of core AWS services
- In depth knowledge of AWS design principles, account setup & structure
- Proven experience building end to end solutions in AWS through code
- Proven experience with IAC tooling eg Terraform, CDK etc
- Proven experience driving DevOps best practices
- Proven experience assessing workloads and technology landscape for Cloud suitability, develop business case and Cloud adoption roadmaps
- Experience in defining new architectures and ability to drive project from an architecture standpoint
- Knowledge of best practices and market trends pertaining to Cloud and overall industry to provide thought leadership (seminars, whitepapers etc) and mentor team to build necessary competency
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and trustworthiness with key stakeholders in organization.
- Experience provisioning and spinning up AWS environments in a secure and cost effective manner
- Experience to build scalable production systems through various approaches - immutable infrastructure, containers, serverless etc
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Certification on AWS architecture desirable
Key Responsibilities & Duties Include:
- Study existing technology landscape and understand current application workloads
- Understand and document technical requirements
- Define Migration strategy to move applications to the cloud
- Develop architecture blueprints and detailed documentation.
- Create bill of materials, including required Cloud Services and tools
- Design and work with AWS network architecture including VPC, VPN, DIrect Connect, Transit GW etc
- Design the HA/DR strategies
- Set up process, services and tools around cloud
- Oversee building of the environment and project solution designs
- Validate the environment to meet all security and compliance controls
- Help share knowledge across the team on the various AWS services
- An opportunity to join a fast-growing company
- Options for career advancement
- Learning and development opportunities
- Flexible working environment