Senior Mainframe Storage Engineer
Posted on Jun 15, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Senior Mainframe Storage Engineer. This position is revolved around planning, design, management, configuration, implementation, performance tuning, etc with storage solutions. Working specifically with Dell PMAX, Dell DLm, IBMDS8K, and IBM VTS.
- Management, maintenance, and implementation of data storage solutions, utilizing DELL PMAX, DELL DLm, IBM DS8K and IBM VTS.
- New technology awareness and research skills are necessary.
- Installation, configuration, and ongoing operation of key IBM and DELL Software products such as TDMF, Control Center and Mainframe Enablers.
- 24x7 operations support and on-call support responsibilities.
- Ability to work on project teams, delivering on key project milestones, and communicating effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Participation in Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing.
- Experience with large storage environments.
- Install, maintain and customize operating systems and system software.
- Process client requests for system storage modifications.
- Perform problem analysis and resolution implementation to support client needs.
- Assist the Operations Engineering zSeries leaders in reviewing software requirements and establishing technical direction and business strategy for the department.
- Provide training to clients and colleagues.
- Associates Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Strong z/OS and MVS skills in all IBM utilities and Mainframe disciplines
- Strong understanding of access methods and VSAM Record Level Sharing. (IAM a plus)
- Software: TSO ISPF, JCL, DFSMS, HSM, DSS, DFP, IBM utilities, CA1, RMM
- Enterprise class storage experience: DELL, HDS, or IBM
- Point in Time Backup knowledge, Replication/Mirroring technologies including IBM PPRC, Metro/Global Mirroring and DELL SRDF.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery development, testing, & implementation