Senior Software Engineer - Automation
Posted on Jun 15, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
*All Employees must be Covid-19 Vaccinated.*
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Senior Software Engineer - Automation. This engineer will be part of the Enterprise logging and monitoring team. They will help deliver automation solutions using Java, Python, DevOps, Restful APIs, Microservices, etc. They will work with AWS, CICD, Jenkins, Terraform, and Cloud formation. This engineer needs to have strong Linux experience with Scripting.
- In this role, you will be an integral part of the ELM Engineering team and own the development, planning and execution of multiple automation and application development projects.
- The automation team within the ELM develops automation use cases for the engineering and administration of the tools.
- Some of the use cases include: Reconciliation of the data with CMDB, automated deployment and upgrades, automated password changes, automated configuration changes and deployment, integration within the tools using APIs.
- You would also automate use cases for customers to make the monitoring services more self-serviced.
- You would also create and maintain a web-app for providing monitoring self-service options for customers and partners of the logging and monitoring services.
- Identify and drive service enhancement opportunities through automation and development.
- Embrace and foster DevOps and agile best practices for delivering solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent field
- At least 5+ years for experience working in a similar role delivering automation solutions using Java, Python or other languages.
- Strong experience on developing and building DevOps workflows for a Tools team.
- At least 2 years RESTful API's, Microservices and System to System API development experience.
- AWS, CI/CD, Jenkins, DevOps Process (GI, Jenkins, Terraform, Cloud Formation, AWS resources).
- Proven experience in emerging and innovative technologies such as: Spark, Scala/Java/Python, Python, REST, JSON, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Jenkins/Maven, Ansible and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Strong experience with monitoring on AWS cloud with CloudWatch, cloud trail, Kinesis/Kinesis Firehose and other AWS services such as EC2, S3, ELB, IAM, VPC.
- Understanding of container platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes and ways to monitoring them on AWS using Prometheus, Grafana and other open-source tools such as ELK.
- Strong experience of Linux with Scripting knowledge.