Associate Principal DevOps Engineer
Posted on Jun 15, 2022 by Request Technology
*Open to sponsorship must have at least two years left*
*Hybrid 2 days in office 3 days remote*
A prestigious company is on the search for an Associate Principal DevOps Engineer. This company is looking for someone with strong experience with infrastructure, DevOps, Automation, Cloud, and containerization. They are looking for technology experience such as Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Java, Python, Microservices, API, etc.
- Owns the successful deployment and running of the operational readiness environment (ORT) goals.
- Performs deployment of Clearing, Risk and Data Platform applications into the ORTenvironment
- Guides the implementation using CI/CD pipelines in Kubernetes environment
- Directs Review, configure, and execution of Terraform Ansible automation pipelines delivered by product teams
- Guides the setup of common infrastructure platform like multi-region Kubernetes and Kafka cluster, etc.
- Elicits requirements for deployment of application and sizing for managing expected workload
- Monitors the performance of applications and tune working with product teams
- Collaborates with IAM/security teams on setting up roles/permissions for machines/users
- Collaborates with the integration/performance testing team to leverage integrated release tested in Integration/Release Acceptance environment
- Collaborates operations/enablement teams to deliver infra and apps to start testing
- Collaborates with production controls teams on monitoring, failover, logging, etc.
- Provides guidance to systems engineering, Dev/Ops professionals for building highly performant environment
- Implements infrastructure failover scenarios
- Confers Network team on all connectivity plans and issue resolution (including between on premises and AWS)
- Establishes agile program level practices for efficient collaboration and delivery
- Performs deployment of applications in VM based as well as container-based deployments
- Develops documentation for ORT technical infra/architecture support
- Leading a small team of tech resources with Dev Ops and System administration skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10-15 years of experience in development, infrastructure, operations, system/database administration
- 3-5 years of leadership/management experience
- Strong understanding of infrastructure, Dev/Ops, automation, and related technologies
- Financial/regulated industry experience.
- AWS EC2, Kubernetes, Kafka, Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, Hashicorp Vault
- Microservices and streaming data intensive application architecture
- Application architecture, networking, and security in the cloud
- Setting up platform in AWS for high performance requirements
- Broad experience in API based development
- Git and Artifactory for sourcing artifacts
- Multi-AZ, Multi-region failover architecture
- Fluent with different types of data formats and structures, like Json, Protobuf, Avro.
- SQL and NoSQL databases, in-memory data stores
- Java/Python/Scala/Golang software development