Senior Logging and Monitoring Engineer (elastic, elk)
Posted on Jun 15, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
*All Employees must be Covid-19 Vaccinated.*
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Sr. Logging and Monitoring Engineer (elastic, elk). This position you will be designing, develop, and implementing the next generation of fully automated and scalable logging and monitoring services for key partners. This person needs to have experience with technologies with ELK/Elastic, APM, JSON, cloud monitoring, etc.
- Engineer automation and orchestration designs to help provide seam-less and highly available solutions.
- We collaborate with server, network, database, storage administrators and cloud teams to understand their requirements and deliver monitoring solutions and advance our technical capabilities within ELK and other monitoring tools.
- Create and maintain a highly resilient, scalable and automated Elastic Stack (ELK) platform for logging and monitoring.
- Align with the Enterprise Logging & Monitoring strategy and play a crucial role in delivering key achievements.
- Act as an authority of Elastic Stack (ELK) and Kibana, you will be designing, develop, and implementing the next generation of fully automated and scalable logging and monitoring services for key partners.
- Deliver key monitoring capabilities within the Elastic (ELK) stack for various partners like L1/L2, DevOps, Infrastructure, Platforms, Applications and other core groups within the environment.
- Provide dashboarding and analytics solutions to partners based on requirements.
- Seek opportunities for automation and integration of various tools and services
- Develop and improve appropriate operational procedures to ensure consistent service delivery and compliance
- Monitoring services that are delivered would play a key role on overall IT Objectives of Operational Efficiency and Stability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or Information Systems or equivalent subject area.
- 5 - 7 years of related industry experience with Cloud monitoring, Application Performance monitoring, Log Analytics and Infrastructure monitoring.
- 2 - 3 years of hands-on experience with Elastic stack and Kibana to deploy server, application and other monitoring capabilities.
- Experience with automating monitoring workflows through Elastic (ELK) Stack
- Expert JSON skill level
- Full stack monitoring capabilities knowledge and experience.
- Experience working on Agile based projects
- Solid understanding of DevOps tools/process/methodologies