Senior/Principal Software Engineer
Posted on Jun 15, 2022 by Surevine
An outstanding opportunity for a Senior/Principal Software Engineer to join our amazing development teams to help build secure, scalable, collaboration solutions for the most security conscious organisations, enabling collaboration on their most highly sensitive information. We are a small, highly successful software house working on prestigious projects predominantly in National Government. We have a WFH policy so you can be based anywhere in Great Britain, though a hybrid option is available where you will work at home and also in a co-working hub.
Surevine's teams enjoy a degree of autonomy which is forged in their alignment to Surevine's mission and underpinned by co-operation and trust, in order to achieve exceptional outcomes for our customers and users.
We work in self-managed teams; planning, researching, designing, developing, and problem-solving together. We value empathy, courtesy, and communication skills as much as strong technical ability. Our approach is genuinely agile; adopting and constantly refining the best software and systems engineering practices from agile, XP, lean, systems engineering and design thinking.
What we use
- Java; Spring Frameworks (Spring Data, Context, Web, WebFlux); Spring Boot; Docker, Kubernetes; AWS; Linux; Elastic Stack
- A variety of persistence technologies, SQL and NoSQL (Postgres, MongoDB, Redis etc.)
- Version control, build tools, code-quality and testing tools (inc. Atlassian stack & GitLab CI)
- Restful APIs and core HTTP & CSS
- Application security and secure coding practices
- Application integration points: e.g. SSO, SAML, LDAP, SSL/TLS
- Working with Open standards / Open Source
What you will be doing:
- Architect, design, and develop reliable and secure software systems
- Be a considerate team member, contributing to team working practices, as well as the wider organisation's software engineering practices and processes
- Consider the user at every step of the delivery process; from understanding the need to designing and delivering the solution
- Take ownership, with the team, of software systems from conception and development, through live operation and decommissioning
- Continually evaluate and improve how the team delivers; always be learning
- Support & mentoring within the development team as required.
This role demands a blend of engineering, interpersonal, and organisational skills.
- Experienced software engineers with a rich history of success and failure, and a vision for the future
- Minimum 8-10 years' development experience, with skills covering most/all of the tech stack listed above
- Experience in working on Government projects preferred
- Outstanding communication skills essential, able to engage confidently with customers and co-workers alike.