Posted on Jun 15, 2022 by South Staffs Water (Incorporating Cambridge Water Company)
Salary: £32.5k per annum
Hours: 37 hrs per week
Location: Green Lane, Walsall
At South Staffs Water we deliver clean and reliable water supplies to around 1.5 million customers within the South Staffs and Cambridge regions through a network of 8,500km of underground pipes.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a full time GIS Administrator to join our team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the GIS Manager, you will support maintenance and development activities as we increase the capability of our ESRI ArcGIS system to deliver operational and customer service excellence.
• Day to day administration and maintenance of geo-databases, investigation and resolution of issues and liaison with technical resources when required
• Maintenance, update and distribution of external spatial datasets, including the development of automated processes supporting data update and distribution operations
• Generation of spatial data extracts for use within and outside the business
• Administration of system access and security permissions across all geo-spatial applications and liaison regarding any security or access control issues
• Providing technical support to GIS users throughout the business, delivering training and supporting product and version upgrades
• Undertaking spatial analysis to support other business functions including integration of external datasets
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to work proactively on their own and collaboratively within a team.
You will have either a Degree in GIS or a relevant IT discipline, or proven experience in administering geo-databases. You will have proven database skills (SQL Server / Oracle / PostgreSQL), together with a good technical knowledge of the ArcGIS product suite, along with excellent communication skills and be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite.
As an employee of South Staffs Water you will have access to a range of benefits. For further details, please visit the Careers section of our website .
To apply please forward your CV and covering letter to: WaterHR(at)south-staffs-water.co.uk
Closing Date: 30 June 2022
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS