Senior Director, Platform Observability
Posted on Jun 15, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Director, Platform Observability. This director will focus on the observability platform with three main formats Logs, Metrics, and Traces. They need someone with at least 5+ years of enterprise level platform management. They will work with DevOps, infrastructure as a software (Terraform), CICD, etc.
- Define and implement the strategy for Observability at this company. This includes the collection, delivery, analysis, and visualization of metrics, logs, and traces.
- Build and integrate best-of-breed observability platforms in support of that strategy. Building orchestration and automation tooling around off the shelf solutions, as well as building solutions that meet the unique needs of the company.
- Directly collaborate with senior management and all product stakeholders to understand business requirements, help drive alignment, and build thoughtful solutions throughout your team.
- Be involved in the development of scalable, distributed software systems, and work on other projects that require research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions
- Manage software projects and resource planning leveraging tools like Jira to manage projects through Kanban boards or Scrum projects.
- Participate in design and code reviews for products across the enterprise to champion the tenants of observability and guide teams in their implementation.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years of experience where, 5+ years are spent in leadership capacity. Preferable 7+ years in production support for an enterprise-level platform with high-availability requirements along with a strong understanding of concept pertaining to system availability, resiliency, and recoverability.
- Programming/scripting experience with any major programming language.
- Working knowledge DevOps responsibilities: infrastructure-as-software tools (Terraform experience is a strong plus) along with CI/CD implementation best practices