IT Program Manager - Mainframe Infrastructure
Posted on Jun 15, 2022 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for an IT Program Manager - Mainframe Infrastructure. This is a hybrid positions, 3 days onsite/2 days remote in Berkeley Heights, NJ. This program manage will assist the Sr. VP of Global Mainframe systems with day to day administration of the Mainframe teams.
- Plans, manages, and coordinates multiple projects and ensures project initiatives and timelines are met.
- Using Company project standards, develops or implements project initiation processes by defining project scope, determining action items, assigning ownership, creating project timetables, and tracking execution and workflow; prepares, presents, and distributes project status reports.
- Using Company project standards, develops interdisciplinary project teams in coordination with other FTS teams and Company end-user community to ensure deployment of new/changed/improved systems; serves as liaison to project sponsors, project teams, and stakeholders.
- Works with internal and external groups to optimize success of project deployment; communicates with user departments and project teams on project activities; confers with project staff and vendors to provide support and resolve problems.
- Assists the SVP of Global Mainframe Systems in the day-to-day administration of the Mainframe teams. Prepares technical and non-technical presentations, and performs related duties as required.
- Examples of projects: Air-Gap for Mainframe(s) to support physical isolation/segregation of workloads; Deployment and implementation of Mainframe-based compliance solutions; Mainframe-based DevOps (global); Zowe and z/OS SMF Automation; z/OS and ISV new release/maintenance deployments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, and Clarity
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Prior experience in providing status reports to senior leaders
- Understands moderately complex internal business processes or functions