Manager, Software Engineering - London
Posted on Jun 14, 2022 by Sage Publishing
This position will manage development resources across multiple publishing solutions, coordinating workloads and managing the utilisation of development resources. This includes being responsible for managing and coordinating the technical solutions, resources, and processes to deliver software, leading long-term improvement, and implementing and contributing to the SAGE Technology strategy.
This position also entails performing senior developer tasks such as building and maintaining publishing solutions that are used to fulfil business objectives. This includes developing systems and functions such as: content delivery web sites, content loading, access control, reporting, analytics and other publishing related tools and controls.
- Manage a team to implement enhancements and maintain various SAGE publishing platforms and solutions using Microsoft stack development tools and
- Manage direct reports to ensure that performance and goals are aligned with department goals and communicate company and strategic department objectives to the
- Recruit, build, and maintain effective teams. Measure and balance resourcing to optimize delivery of team objectives and
- Be a contributing member of one or more Agile teams to focus on developing features and capabilities desired by the
- Establish positive relationships with other Agile team
- Provide architectural design guidance on new features that fit well with the existing
- Implement Lean IT strategies to improve
- Measure and continuously improve software development practices and
- Contribute to the overall management of the department and to the development of strategy, policy and
Skills Qualifications and Experience
- Significant experience in applicable software development
- Experience working remotely and managing remote staff
- Significant experience as a full stack developer using Microsoft technologies including SQL Server, C#, MVC, React, .Net Framework and .Net
- Strong planning and organising skills with the ability to work on several projects as one
- High Level of attention to
- Demonstrable ability to independently prioritise and balance multiple activities and
- Superb communication skills across all levels of the
- Ability to work in a team and maintain a professional
This job description is not contractual. To perform this role successfully, you must be able to perform each of the key accountabilities satisfactorily. To meet changes in business operational, procedural or technical requirements SAGE may add, remove or amend/change the accountabilities for this role and you should be aware that this job description is not exhaustive and you may be asked to undertake reasonable tasks and activities outside those for which you are primarily employed.
SAGE UK is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and is an equal opportunities employer. We value individuality and therefore welcome all qualified applications from a diverse range of candidates.