Posted on Jun 14, 2022 by The Royak Group Inc.
The Business Analyst will facilitate process workshops that involve eliciting process requirements and liaising with users. Will analyze business processes and workflows with the objective of finding out how they can be improved or automated. Will draw inferences from process details and link these inferences to the big picture by considering business objectives in identifying process improvements. Will be involved in documenting procedures and presenting new process designs to stakeholders for discussion. Will also document any information elicited using process maps and business requirements documents. Will interpret business requirements for IT staff. Will meet with end users, observe processes in action and meet the key stakeholders of the project(s).
The BPA's responsibilities will also include:
- Documenting current state process and mapping to future/desired process change
- Translating business requirements into ERP requirements.
- Defining requirements, scope and objectives related to overall business strategies.
- Ensuring requirements are communicated effectively to parties responsible for technical development and implementation.
- Working closely with business teams of interrelated processes/applications/databases to understand changes that may impact project workflows.
- Preparing pre-implementation test case/test scripts and best practice documentation.
- Researching processes, collecting data and analysing information.
- Educating business users responsible for managing and operating business processes
- Monitoring, measuring and providing feedback on process performance
- Knowledge of ERP software systems
- Knowledge of process mapping and business process reengineering
- Experience leading process redesign workshops
- Consulting experience
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Business strategy - outlines the business' vision, strategic goals, directions and performance drivers.
- Business Process Mapping
- Business Metrics Identification & Definition - Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that allow management to measure the performance of the business as a whole.
- Business events and outcomes - identify external and internal business events and describe triggers that cause the business to act and the desired outcomes.
- Business process definition - groups of related tasks which, when performed, achieve a business objective.
- Business requirements - descriptions of business needs used in developing a solution.
- Ability to discern and articulate the distinction between user desires versus true business needs is key.
- Business rules definition - define guides and constraints on business behaviors or activities for the purpose of optimizing the process.