Graduate WiFi Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2022 by Fli-Fi Limited
| WHO WE ARE
We are a small but perfectly formed temporary internet connectivity and WiFi company who supply services to a wide range of events, businesses and construction sites. We've been lucky enough to find ourselves providing internet connectivity on as diverse a range of client sites from the Reading Festival, through to I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here and HS2.
The business was started in 2016 and we currently focus on providing access to the internet on a short term basis in any location. In the last 18 months we have seen significant growth in demand for our services and we are in the process of expanding our range of services and the size of events we provide those services to.
We are privately owned and small enough for anyone working with us to really make an impact and have influence on how we do business.
| THE ROLE
The Graduate WiFi Engineer position will be involved in all technical and operational aspects of the business, helping to deliver reliable internet connectivity and WiFi to temporary locations and then supporting the users once the solution is in place. Reporting directly to and working with both business owners.
A bit about what you may be doing:
• Preparing hardware for installation on client event sites or hire locations
• Helping architect the infrastructure required to run temporary wireless networks
• Installing temporary wireless networks and infrastructure including access points, routers, point to point systems, cabling, switching and satellite hardware
• Configuring and monitoring software to manage temporary wireless networks
• Supporting users during events or hire periods remotely but also based on-site during specific events
• Ensuring that installation guidelines, support processes and internal Health and Safety procedures are followed
| KEY SKILLS
• Broad basic technical awareness covering routers, WAN, LAN, LTE, satellite, firewalls, switches, WiFi and network cabling
• Practical ability to physically install hardware indoors and outdoors with the appropriate tools
• Full clean driving licence
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and find solutions to practical problems
• A relevant degree
| DESIRABLE SKILLS
• Experience working at a technical level providing IT support
• Experience working at outdoor events behind the scenes
• Construction site experience
• Fair and flexible work arrangements wherever possible, including working from home, flexible shifts and time in lieu where needed to operate outside of normal hours. Normal working hours are Monday-Friday 9am to 5.30pm with an hour for lunch but will vary, with weekends involved
• 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Annual bonus
• Casual dress with Fli-Fi supplied branded clothing for on-site work and PPE provided