Lead Software Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2022 by Request Technology
Lead Software Engineer
*We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role*
A prestigious insurance company is seeking a Lead Software Engineer with 7+ years of hands-on experience developing applications using Java/J2EE, React, spring boot and Web Services
- Experience configuring and implementing form solutions within Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience implementing form solutions within OpenText Exstream
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience developing continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deployment pipelines for distributed apps, using tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory etc.
- Experience implementing business critical, high volume, and highly available forms solutions
- Experience with GitHub for source control
- 7+ years of hands-on experience developing applications using Java/J2EE, React, spring boot and Web Services.
- 3+ years of experience leading agile teams of up to 6-8 Engineers including employees, onshore contractors, and offshore contractors.
- Experience with, or very knowledgeable in, cloud-based development leveraging Cloud Foundry in PaaS environment, Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated Edition environment
- Experience in Micro services, TKGI, Pivotal cloud foundry, cloud technology, CI/CD is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Java, J2EE, preferably with Spring Boot experience, web, and mobile development with ReactJS, or native iOS/Android development
- Experience working with relational databases, preferably Oracle, SQL server and MongoDB.
- Experience developing microservices using Pivotal cloud foundry & cloud systems at scale
- Experience with Web, Mobile and cloud technology.
- Bonus points if you have experience with application performance monitoring tools like DataDog
- You are passionate about software engineering with an interest quality, maintainable code
- You love the safety of a strong test suite, with experience or a strong interest in test driven development
- You have a clear understanding of cloud services, distributed systems, DevOps, and CI/CD practices
- You measure success by working software and end user satisfaction
- You have well-developed communications skills, enjoy collaborating, and are open to a pair-programming environment
- You value transparency and openness, and are willing to identify what we're doing wrong and how we can do things better
- Collaborate with business partners and Product owners to review backlog, ensuring they are clear, concise, and technically feasible.
- Translate product requirements into innovative solutions that provide an excellent client experience and align with architectural roadmap.
- Prepare detailed technical designs that account for security, resiliency, scalability, maintainability, and performance.
- Code, test, debug, implement, and support complex insurance products.
- Strive for continuous improvements of our processes, application, designs, and application execution.
- Collaborate with onshore/Offshore Contract resources, ensuring adherence to our processes and standards.