Mainframe Storage Engineer IBM Dell
Posted on Jun 14, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Mainframe Storage Engineer with IBM and Dell experience. Candidate is responsible for the planning, design, management, configuration, implementation, performance tuning, backup/recovery, data replication, and disaster recovery methodologies of a fast-growing, complex storage environment. This position requires knowledge of best practices for disk configurations, SMS management, catalog management, and tape technologies. This position reports to the Mainframe Storage Engineering Manager and is part of a dedicated storage team that works closely with other engineering teams to provide technical support for all storage management-related activities. This individual may also act as a liaison to other departments, representing the storage team on all technical matters related to storage management.
- Management, maintenance, and implementation of data storage solutions, utilizing DELL PMAX, DELL DLm, IBM DS8K and IBM VTS.
- New technology awareness and research skills are necessary.
- Installation, configuration, and ongoing operation of key IBM and DELL Software products such as TDMF, Control Center and Mainframe Enablers.
- 24x7 operations support and on-call support responsibilities.
- Ability to work on project teams, delivering on key project milestones, and communicating effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Participation in Disaster Recovery infrastructure planning, building, and testing.
- Experience with large storage environments.
- Install, maintain and customize operating systems and system software.
- Process client requests for system storage modifications.
- Perform problem analysis and resolution implementation to support client needs.
- Assist the Operations Engineering zSeries leaders in reviewing software requirements and establishing technical direction and business strategy for the department.
- Provide training to clients and colleagues.
- Associates Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- Strong z/OS and MVS skills in all IBM utilities and Mainframe disciplines
- Strong understanding of access methods and VSAM Record Level Sharing. (IAM a plus)
- Software: TSO ISPF, JCL, DFSMS, HSM, DSS, DFP, IBM utilities, CA1, RMM
- Enterprise class storage experience: DELL, HDS, or IBM
- Point in Time Backup knowledge, Replication/Mirroring technologies including IBM PPRC, Metro/Global Mirroring and DELL SRDF.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery development, testing, & implementation