Senior Trade Systems Engineer - C++ Developer
Posted on Jun 14, 2022 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Senior Trade Systems Engineer
Must have very strong C++ Development and trading industry experience. development experience order entry market data execution and various other internal systems APIs low latency order protocols market data fix JBE etc. Multithreading and concurrency experience Real Time Linux systems
You will collaborate with the core team of trading system developers to enhance our existing trading software; design, develop, test and support order entry, market data, execution and various other internal systems; focus on efficiency, throughput, reliability and low latency as the core aspects of the software system, which is built in-house and constantly strive to improve upon these areas.
- Write robust code and APIs to support existing systems and internal clients.
- Deliver testable code using unit testing frameworks.
- Actively participate in code reviews both by adapting to constructive feedback and providing the same to peer developers.
- Identify and propose changes to augment the stability and reliability of the core trading framework.
- Provide quick response to production issues to help eliminate down time ensuring high availability.
- Understand and evolve the build/distribution pipeline using Gerrit/Jenkins.
- Mentor and advise teammates to ensure new features are efficient, tested, and fault tolerant.
- Bachelors/Masters (preferred) in Computer Science or related field.
- Significant experience developing trading systems using modern C++/Python.
- In-depth understanding of networking protocols and experience programming with low-level sockets APIs.
- Experience with low latency, lock-free development and design.
- Experience working with order protocols and market data (eg FIX, SBE, etc.).
- Multithreading and concurrency experience.
- Experience building Real Time Linux systems.
- Experience with various financial asset classes including derivatives.