Senior DevSecOps Web Engineer
Posted on Jun 14, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are not able to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Senior DevSecOps Web Engineer. Candidate will be responsible for development, integration, deployment, and ongoing support of critical web solutions within the IT Department. Candidate will assist in defining and achieving the web strategy by supporting the Continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines. This role collaborates with business partners and strategic vendors to deliver cost effective, timely and customer-focused solutions.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing web DevOps systems and platforms.
- Actively troubleshoots any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Analyze, design, and develop unit tests and test-automation suites for on-going projects.
- Design and develop processing platforms using various configuration management technologies.
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with SCM, Middleware, and others to develop sustainable solutions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement and governs the processes.
- Work alongside solution architects, Middleware engineers, developers, and DevOps staff to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices.
- Build and maintain tools, solutions, web UI and REST API microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Test system integrity, implemented designs, application components and other aspects of web infrastructure as needed.
- Works with platform and Middleware teams on VM, and the OpenShift Platform. Deploys product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Specifies, documents, and develops new product features, and writes automating scripts.
- Establish DevOps software best practices.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GitHub, Jenkins Jira, Artifactory.
- Acts as SME for the team through development and operations.
- Designed and utilized tools for managing the web infrastructure and programmed clean & re-usable simple codes to run DevOps operations.
Bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience or military experience
5+ years in Web Development or DevSecOps
Experience with various programming languages
Experienced Configuring server images- optimized the task performance using OpenShift Kubernetes/container platforms and Adobe Experience Manager
Demonstrated experience with TCP/UDP/IP Networking
Familiarity with relational database concepts
- Experience with Oracle, Postgres, MySQL databases
- Experience with Server technology and systems engineering methodology
- Demonstrated understanding of wireless service provider architectures
- Familiarity with OAM&P, FCAPS, or TM Forum Network Management Framework
- Ability to convert functional requirements into high- and low-level designs
- Familiar with common Source Control, Continuous Integration and Team Management Tools
- Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), including cloud environment management and web service integration.
- Experience with JFrog Artifactory and JFrog Xray
- Experience with Veracode, Maven/Gradle and CloudBee Jenkins
- Proficient in Groovy, Bash ad Python Scripting languages
- Linux environment configuration
- Kubernetes Container knowledge such as OpenShift
- Ansible and SonarQube
- Demonstrated expertise in the following skillsets/years of desired experience:
- Runbook Automation
- Object Oriented programming
- HTML/XML/SOAP programming
- PERL/TCL/Shell Scripting
- Linux/Unix Administration