Service Desk Analyst
Posted on Jun 13, 2022 by Selfridges
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to provide an added value service? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in IT as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
A bit about the role
As our IT Service Desk Analyst, you will sit at the front of our IT Service Operations team within our Leicester offices. You will be the first point of contact across the whole business, as well as the friendly face/voice into all things IT.
You will play an integral role in providing IT support for our team members throughout our Selfridges stores and head offices, and will be able to showcase your passion and knowledge for IT and customer service.
As part of this, you will:
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage and oversee reported IT issues
- Provide first line resolution of IT issues and queries, escalating problems to the relevant internal support teams and external partners as and when necessary, while keeping stakeholders updated
- Actively reduce the number of incidents into the Service Desk by highlighting incident trends and potential problems, through creative thinking and problem solving
- Support the transition of new services or service changes by adhering to new process changes or amendments, highlighting any risk that you may see to the service
- Support the achievement of customer satisfaction ratings and the reduction of call escalations, by regularly updating customers on call progress
- Share knowledge across the teams, and proactively contributing to continuous service improvement through identification of process improvements and problem prevention
- Ensure that all activities are performed at a consistently high standard with minimal risk to the Selfridges & Co and that opportunities to improve services and processes are identified and actioned.
a bit about you
- Experience of providing services remotely and in person, being able to build good relationships and trust
- Understanding how retail operates and being able to support the technology and team members in the use of IT
- Experience working with VIPs
- User account administration experience
- Ability to understand documentation and processes
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Role model the company values in your day-to-day working
- Work collaboratively with the immediate and wider teams
- Be a quick thinking, problem solving individual, adaptable to the varied demand of the role.
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop.?We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release?an energy that?we call the Selfridges spirit.?We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We're not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World's Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a 'Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020' as awarded by The Sunday Times.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham - alongside and the Selfridges App - continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff?
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges - from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- Up to five paid volunteering days
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development