Posted on Jun 13, 2022 by South Staffs Water (Incorporating Cambridge Water Company)
Salary: Competitive Plus Package
Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday
Location: Midlands or Cambridge
At South Staffs Water we deliver clean and reliable water supplies to around 1.5 million customers within the South Staffs and Cambridge regions and we're looking for an experienced Finance Director or leader of Finance teams to continue to drive the growth of the business.
As Finance Director, you'll be looking after the South Staffs and Cambridge Water elements of the Group, responsible for a team of finance professionals and an annual revenue of over £130m. This is an amazing opportunity for an ambitious individual with the right background to take their career to the next level.
• Financial Management - managing the company budget process and providing support to the wider Executive team on progress, challenging performance and recommending improvements and innovations. Forecast Income and all staffing, equipment and capital improvement project expenditure. Coordinate full lifecycle regulated budget development and reporting.
• Reporting & Analysis - Prepare and submit regular and ad hoc management accounts, regulatory submissions and Board reports, providing insightful analysis and decision-making support.
• Statutory and Regulatory Reporting-Lead the Audit process and the production of the Annual Report & Accounts & Interim Accounts.
• Stakeholder Management -Active participant on Board and Executive meetings; attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in relation to the wider expectation of a Board member. Build and maintain effective relationships with Non-Executive Board members. Represent Water Finance to all Stakeholders, including Regulators and Contractors
• People Management - Inspiring and leading a team of direct and indirect reports to drive growth and enhance performance. Providing wider leadership to all service activities and setting the standards for managers and teams as part of the Executive management team
• Strategic Development & Delivery - Determine and recommend the Company's financial strategy in support of the Company's corporate strategy
• Compliance - Monitor and enforce the Company's Financial Regulations and regulatory obligations as well as liaising with auditors and regulatory bodies
• Collaboration across wider Group- build and maintain key relationships across the wider South Staffordshire Plc Group. Support financing and credit rating agency engagement.
What you'll need:
• Significant PQE as a qualified accountant (ACMA/ACCA)
• Significant experience of leading multi-functional teams delivering strong performance
• Previous experience in a financially regulated environment would be an advantage
Strong commercial acumen
• Ability to manage complex financial processes including commercials associated with fundamental contract pricing, price controls and regulatory accounting
• Demonstrable ability to think critically, make decisions, and set priorities.
• Strong people, performance and safety management skills.
What you'll get in return:
A significant package including base salary, company car/allowance, family healthcare and annual bonus. Further details around the package are available on application.
To apply please forward your CV and covering letter to: WaterHR(at)south-staffs-water.co.uk
Closing Date: 30th June 2022
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE "APPLY NOW" BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS