Senior Test Manager
Posted on Jun 13, 2022 by Swisstech Recruitment
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Support the Head of Testing ensuring continued Test Automation growth, Test Process Improvement (TPI) and Test Management Maturity (TMMi)
- Organisation level Test Policies, Strategies and processes - Support and contribute to the documentation, implementation, monitoring, and enforcement of all processes for testing, and identifying any deviances with a plan to remove the deviance(s)
- Product level Test Strategies - Ensure the creation of and ensuring adherence to the product level policies, strategies and road maps, including Test Automation strategies, identifying any deviances with a plan to remove the deviance(s)
- lead on innovation and design by maintaining an awareness of opportunities provided by new technologies and practices to address challenges and enable new ways of working.
- Work within and feed back into the wider Test Community
- Provide cover for Test Managers as required and meet the Test Manager roles and Responsibilities
- Promote and show ownership of Test Quality
- Build relationships in other field areas to continually review working processes with a view to reduce costs and time to market while improving quality
- Test Automation - To actively promote Test Automation in all areas and ensure that where test automation is not in place that it is considered for all new work items unless a caveat has been agreed
- Defect Management - To actively identify ways to improve defect discovery as early as possible in the project life cycle and recommend improvements
- Provide Test Governance support to the program
- Provide enablers to reduce the need for further support in the same area
- Reporting - Ensuring that regular reports (static and dynamic) are provided to all partners as stated in the organisation level strategies and raising deviances to the Program Mgmt
- Flexibility - the ability and experience needed to tackle all issues encountered
- Expert-level Test life cycle delivery skills
Skills we can't do without:
- ISEB/ISTQB certified - Foundation
- Track record of leadership and innovation
- Experience leading multiple streams simultaneously ensuring correct and timely resources
- Experience of Agile/Scrum/DevOps, Kanban and hybrid testing model, etc.
- A broad range of experience with varying types of projects and applications.
- Ability to train and mentor other team members
- Fluent English language written and verbal. Capable of interacting with partners at all levels and creating clear and concise process documentation.
- Experienced presenter and facilitator with a track record for influencing and guiding senior management teams, customers & users.
Skills we'd like:
- ISEB/ISTQB - Advanced/Specialist level
- Jira/Confluence/Azure DevOps knowledge