IBM WebSphere Application/Java Consultant
Posted on Jun 12, 2022 by Salt
IBM WebSphere Application/Java Consultant - Banking Client - Brussels (remote working available)
Rate: €650 - €750 per day
Duration: 1 year contract
- Integrate the delivery team of Java Application Integration Services.
- This includes various activities: design, implement Application Server in several technologies.
- All these activities are executed in an agile way with high focus on automation regarding deployment and configuration management.
- The DevOps engineer must contribute to advanced security vulnerability assessment.
- In terms of integration, the DevOps engineer should master advanced technics on distributed platforms: security management, deployment and automation frameworks.
Work within the "Java Application Integration Services" squad, with the objective to maintain and guarantee at group level the technical evolution regarding Java Application Server platforms infrastructure.
This includes the following:
- Technical analyses and application design
- Performance analysis and capacity planning
- Realize and document changes, evolutions
- Automated software installation, maintenance and infrastructure tuning
- Automated software Release management
- Technical environments administration
- 2nd & 3thrd level of support for production incidents
- Watch duty (on call) role for production support
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines and standards
- Security Vulnerability Management
Necessary technical skills:
- Integration and administration of the IBM WebSphere Application Server version 8.5.5 & 9.0.5 products on Linux RHEL (7.x and 8.x) platform.
- Apache Httpd based web server and Reverse Proxy Server.
- Ansible playbook/roles development and maintenance and Ansible Tower integration via workflow.
- Knowledge in Linux Pace Maker clustering and Systemd, security (OpenSSL and certificate management), Network DMZ and automated deployment methods.
- Good expertise with Microsoft Azure DevOps.
Required experiences in:
- WebSphere Application Server traditional 8.5.5 and above administration and Scripting.
- JBOSS EAP administration and deployment.
- Apache TomCat installation and configuration.
- Apache Httpd configuration and tuning.
- Bash, PowerShell, Python, Jython, Yaml and Json programming languages.
- Distributed version control repository (Git in Azure DevOps).
- Ansible automation platform and Ansible Tower.
- Scrum agile framework.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server administration certification.
- Apache Httpd compilation and configuration.
- OpenShift and container images development.
- Able to support off-hours work as required, including weekends, holidays, and 24/7 on call responsibilities on a rotational basis. (1 week out of 4).
- Willing to learn and support third party applications and to share the experience.
Please do share an up to date CV to (see below)