DevOps Java Application Server Engineer (WebSphere Application Server)
Posted on Jun 12, 2022 by Base 3
- Integrate the delivery team of Java Application Integration Services.
- This includes various activities: design, implement Application Server in several technologies.
- All these activities are executed in an agile way with high focus on automation regarding deployment and configuration management.
- The DevOps engineer must contribute to advanced security vulnerability assessment.
- In terms of integration, the DevOps engineer should master advanced technics on distributed platforms: security management, deployment and automation frameworks.
Necessary technical skills:
- Integration and administration of the IBM WebSphere Application Server version 8.5.5 & 9.0.5 products on Linux RHEL (7.x and 8.x) platform.
- Apache Httpd based web server and Reverse Proxy Server.
- Ansible playbook/roles development and maintenance and Ansible Tower integration via workflow.
- Knowledge in Linux Pace Maker clustering and Systemd, security (OpenSSL and certificate management), Network DMZ and automated deployment methods.
- Good expertise with Microsoft Azure DevOps.
Required experiences in:
- WebSphere Application Server traditional 8.5.5 and above administration and Scripting.
- JBOSS EAP administration and deployment.
- Apache TomCat installation and configuration.
- Apache Httpd configuration and tuning.
- Bash, PowerShell, Python, Jython, Yaml and Json programming languages.
- Distributed version control repository (Git in Azure DevOps).
- Ansible automation platform and Ansible Tower.
- Scrum agile framework.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server administration certification.
- Apache Httpd compilation and configuration.
- OpenShift and container images development.
Note: This role has been assessed as Inside IR35, which only affects UK resident candidates