IT Project Manager-Permanent-Hybrid
Posted on Jun 12, 2022 by McCabe & Barton
Hammersmith And Fulham, London, United Kingdom
£55k - £65k Annual
Location: Hammersmith, London
Key areas of responsibility
IT project management
- To understand and work inline with IT project management processes, methodology, framework and governance.
- Responsible as IT project manager leading projects inline with PMO procedures and governances
- Responsible for project reporting, dashboards, presenting, maintain project risks & issues log, and escalations where required
- To assist and lead on business and internal IT projects
- Assist with and liaise between project resources, assign, track and monitor tasks/workstreams and oversee project delivery across all project teams, technical leads, business analysist, change agents and business stakeholders
- Assist in business analysis function, requirements gathering, user stories, business process mapping, templates and standards.
- Assist in the roll out of agile framework
IT Change & Transformation
- To assist with identifying and implementing operational changes & improvements within the IT change and transformation functions.
- Assist and deliver IT project/change communication strategy
- Identify and lead on service transition workstreams for each project.
- Change life cycle controls and governance
- Assist in all tasks covering entire project life cycle: business analyst, requirements gathering, agile sprints, project management, reporting, delivery, testing, release management, communications, end user training/presentations, CAB, QA
- Assist in setting up control functions such as technical CAB, technical design authority, coding standards
- Have ownership, manage, maintain and ensure effective controls are in place for all IT change/project management infrastructure environments. (Dev, sandbox, UAT)
- Assist all project management & change areas with the introduction and adherence of standardised process, templates, definitions, procedures, communication plans, reporting, controls and checks, inline with Santa Fe requirements and industry standard best practices.
Skills and Ability
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to ensure deadlines re met, ability to prioritise workload without close supervision
- Good written communication skills to produce good quality materials for a variety of purposes (eg publicity leaflets, short reports, letters, and minutes).
- Active listening and verbal communication skills for effective interaction with all colleagues and project stakeholders.
- Good IT skills and understanding covering all aspects of IT systems and infrastructure
- Ability to work in a Matrix team providing effective leadership & influencing skills to ensure tasks are assigned and delivered to deadlines.
- Resourceful, with the ability to retrieve and organise information from a variety of sources
- Skills to identify problems, and plan action to overcome problem
- An enthusiastic and willing team player, who will contribute to ways that the team's service can be improved.
- The flexibility to adapt to changing workload demands and environments
- Self-motivated with the personal drive to complete tasks on time and to a quality professional standard