DevOps Engineer (Compute virtualisation engineer)
Posted on Jun 12, 2022 by Base 3
This position is centred on the management, support and evolution of the Converged (Vxblock) and Hyper-Converged (Nutanix) infrastructures, Storage Area Network, Backup and Archive Solutions and Hypervisor technology (VMWARE) in a 24/7 production environment.
One of the primary goals of the Compute virtualisation engineer role will be to design and build automation solutions for the virtual infrastructure services offered by the team in order to reduce manual efforts and increase team efficiency.
Your part of the deal:
- Write/Troubleshoot scripts to automate the virtual infrastructure services
- Design, document, test and implement automation workflows. Perform flow maintenance once the solution is up-and running in production.
- Define and maintain standards for automation and orchestration within the team
- Propose harmonization of existing automation developments.
- Ensure existing automation flows are accommodated to satisfy new work requests.
- Support and align with the Infrastructure as a Code approach
- Create solutions based on REST API
- Take part in the Day-to-Day service support (incident, alerts, changes, );
- Provide on-call support during out-of-business hours (24/7 watch duty);
- Take part in the disaster recovery management for the virtual infrastructure (RDR, SWAP, LDR, );
- Offer consulting services to OS teams (Windows, Linux, Office, Tandem, Mainframe), projects and other customers
- Support the private cloud strategy in the organization.
Soft & Technical skills required
- You are passionate about automation and DevOps
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software development, service engineering or service operations
- Knowledge and experience in Ansible & Tower and Powershell
- Hands-on technical experience creating process automation scripts using Python, REST APIs
- Experience with management of VMware virtualization environments
- Experience with Nutanix hyper-converged infrastructures is a plus
- Experience with converged infrastructures (Vxblock) is a plus
- Experience with storage infrastructure management (VMAX, VNXe, SRDF, CLOUDIQ) is a plus
- You are fluent in English, knowledge in French or Dutch is a plus
- Working experience in an agile context
- Drive and energy, entrepreneurial attitude, hands-on mentality
- Open to work in a fast moving technical and human environment
- Able to quickly diagnose system problems and implement solutions to restore functionality
- Continuing to perform efficiently during difficult situations characterised by great pressure;
- Be analytical
- Good collaborator with others as part of larger team;
- Open to change and evolution;
- Be able to work with strict deadlines and handle complex situations;
Note: this role has been assessed as Inside IR35 which only affects UK resident candidates