Senior Tax Associate
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Sensiba San Flippo
With over 40 years of experience and as the first accounting firm in California certified as a B Corporation, Sensiba San Filippo LLP (SSF) believes in providing our clients with more than just a tax strategy or compliance report. At SSF we use our professional and personal skills to improve the lives of our families, communities, clients and colleagues. Offering comprehensive assurance, tax and consulting services, the Firm has a regional focus with global expertise. As a member of Morison KSI, SSF is a part of an international association of affiliated accounting firms that supports their clients' global business needs in over 88 countries. Through our service to others, our commitment to integrity, stewardship of the environment and kindness, we intend to better the lives of those we touch directly. Indirectly, we strive to be a positive force in the global community. Headquartered in Pleasanton, the Firm has offices in San Mateo, San Jose, Morgan Hill, Fresno and San Francisco.
SSF is actively seeking a bright, energetic individual to assist in the delivery of outstanding service to our clients. We are looking for a motivated Senior Tax Associate to join our dynamic and growing Tax practice.
- Review of the tax work of associates (tax return preparation, tax research and related duties consistent with experience) relative to various entity types, including C corporations, S corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, trusts and estates as well as individuals
- Significant interaction with clients and with managers and partners at the firm relative to a wide variety of tax and client matters
- Work with other tax managers and partners to organize the flow of client work
- Actively participate in recruiting and training of entry level tax staff
SSF strives to hire from our local talent pool as one of the many ways we demonstrate our commitment towards supporting our local communities. We're invested in our cities' growth, the well-being of its citizens and the health of our local economy.
Sensiba San Filippo LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
- 2 to 5 years of experience with a CPA firm
- Undergraduate degree or significant course work in accounting; master's in taxation is desirable, but not required
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills; ability to handle challenging tax and accounting issues
- Experience-appropriate knowledge of the tax code, with intermediate knowledge of one or more areas of taxation (corporations, pass-throughs, individuals, etc.)
- High level of motivation to learn and perform at a high level
- Ability to interact effectively with others within the firm and with clients
- Ability to flexibly work as part of a team striving to meet periodic and other client requirements
- CPA preferred; if not a CPA, must be in process of taking/passing the CPA exam