Posted on Jun 11, 2022 by Edissero Ltd
Are you looking for a new technical writing challenge in a company that's making a difference to the world of science and manufacturing? Do you have a solid professional or academic background in engineering and/or science? Are you looking to work for a company that is at the cutting edge of biomedical, aerospace, healthcare and automotive/Formula 1 research? Would you enjoy working in a place where you can see first-hand what it is you're documenting?
If the answer to any of those questions is yes, then read on!
Our global engineering client is looking for an experienced technical author to join its small, professional and very welcoming writing team. This role offers opportunities to work across a wide product and customer range, and allows you to contribute ideas on how to improve content, processes and the user experience. You'll find helpful engineers and the busy factory floor just a few steps away from your desk, allowing you to fully familiarise yourself with the products you'd be writing about. No two days are the same and there is plenty to get your teeth into!
- Technical writing experience in a hardware or software environment; this can be as a technical author or as an engineer where writing formed a significant part of your role.
- A background in engineering or science (work and/or academic).
- The ability to take a highly technical concept and explain it in simple terms.
- Enthusiasm and curiosity to find new ways of doing things.
- The ability to interact and build rapport with engineers (software, hardware, electronics etc.) and other subject matter experts to ask questions and gather information.
- Experience with FrameMaker, WebWorks ePublisher or similar authoring tools.