Sr Billing Specialist
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Voya Financial
As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Provides billing account management for sales territories and case management for clients with multiple tier coverages. Supports billing and premium journalizing functions on Employee Benefits Group, Voluntary and Stop Loss clients. Communicates with clients, TPAs, Client Reps and Sales Reps on billing questions and account discrepancies. Manages assigned accounts to meet suspense and collection standards. Partners with Implementation on new case billing set-up. Provides holistic billing case management to include client training, invoicing, and service. Works closely with internal teams and third party providers to journalize payments.
Role assigned to process complex group cases with non-standard billing reporting. Required to reconcile or audit assigned groups to determine any payment variances. Communicates with sales territory leadership around the health of the territory.
1. Interface with Clients, Client Management, Financial, Underwriting, and Third Parties regarding reconciliation issues and premium activity:
- communicating with customers regarding billing related inquiries
- serving as a resource for questions and problem-solving regarding premium payments and client bills
- acting as a liaison/subject matter expert on billing related activities
- acting as an online billing liaison between IT, Sales, and Clients
2. Monitors assigned territories and high profile accounts to ensure that invoicing is occurring correctly and premium received is applied in a timely manner.
3. Manages assigned territory health through:
a. Variance reporting (standard and ad hoc)
b. Distribution feedback and metrics
c. Suspense and Collections activities.
4. Performs complex research and analysis of variances on accounts within assigned territory and takes appropriate action to resolve variances.
5. Provide detailed financial support to all functional areas relative to premium reconciliation.
6. Review monthly financial, suspense, collections, commissions, and variance reports collaborating with Billing Specialists to take necessary action for correction.
7. Acts as a Subject Matter Expert on billing related projects with other business units.
8. Provides on-the-job training to employees in Billing Services.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
- A 4 year degree from an accredited institution.
- 3 to 7 years relevant work experience in Billing, Accounting or Benefits Administration.
- Solid communicator with the ability to interact with all levels within an organization
- Familiarity with HRIS (i.e. Workday, Business Solver) to support billing functions.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking to problem solve complex accounting issues.
- Detailed understanding of the billing and premium reconciliation process.
- Strong Excel skills - ability to create pivot tables.
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing technology.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational, follow-up and follow through skills.
- Demonstrated drive for superior service both internally and externally.
- Ability to balance numerous priorities and deadlines while maintaining professionalism.
- Ability to work independently and as art of an internal and external team.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.