Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Voya Financial
As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Voya Financial in Downtown Minneapolis looking to hire a Billing Specialist to the Employee Benefits billing team. In this role the specialist will provide processing and case management for billing groups including billing and premium journalizing functions on Employee Benefits Group, Voluntary and Stop Loss clients. Partners closely with Sr. Billing Specialist to identify and resolve billing issues.
Role assigned to process group payments (Group, Voluntary, LTD/STD and Compass cases with data file support in place). Required to reconcile or audit assigned groups to determine any payment variances.
1. Working closely with Senior Billing Specialist regarding reconciliation issues and premium activity.
2. Monitors assigned accounts to ensure that accounts are billing correctly and that premium received is applied in a timely manner:
- process and verify that clients are paying correct rates and/or premium
- processing refunds
3. Researches discrepancies, and notifies clients of any outstanding dues and credits
4. Advanced Excel skills including combining of files, pivot tables, and trend analysis.
5. Performs research and analysis of reconciliation variances to accounts and takes appropriate action to resolve variances.
6. Prepares spreadsheets and statements for internal and external customers as requested.
7. Provide detailed financial support to all functional areas relative to premium reconciliation.
8. Audit accounts as requested by internal or external customers, or as indicated by account activity.
9. Review monthly financial, suspense, collections, commissions, and variance reports taking necessary action for correction.
10. May participate in an annual audit of premiums paid.
11. Manages missed deductions for customers.
12. Provides Training and mentoring to team members.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
- A 4 year degree from an accredited institution
- 1 to 3 years relevant work experience in Billing, Accounting or Benefits Administration.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking to problem-solve complex billing issues.
- Detailed understanding of the billing and premium reconciliation process.
- Strong Excel skills - ability to create pivot tables.
- Ability to learn and adapt to changing technology.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and writing skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational, follow-up and follow through skills.
- Demonstrated drive for superior service both internally and externally.
- Ability to balance numerous priorities and deadlines while maintaining professionalism.
- Ability to work independently and as art of an internal and external team.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.
Nsn Revenue Resources
Cayuga County Health Department
Sho-Me Power Electric Cooperative
Sho-Me Power Electric Cooperat