Sr Business Analyst-Retirement Services
Posted on Nov 13, 2018 by Voya Financial
As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Seeking a Sr. Business Analyst in our Braintree, MA location. Makes independent, creative, technical contributions to defining user business and functional requirements for enhancements and projects, production support, table updates and implementing Tax Exempt and Governmental Defined Contribution Plan projects on the Voya Institutional Plan Services platform.
Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through best practice research and fact-finding, combined with knowledge of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Develops or modifies processes to resolve moderate to complex business issues by using IT solutions, considering form of desired results; includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of business requirements, and translation of business requirements into functional requirements. Competent to work at a high technical level for most phases of IT projects; considers the broader business implications of proposed IT solutions to current and future business needs. Ability to identify applicable technology alternatives to given business problems using applied research and development tools; reviews new products/services using pre-established evaluation criteria. Supports design, build and test planning phases for medium to large scope enhancements and projects. Coaches and mentors less experienced analysts. Supports project manager/ by developing detailed project information such as detailed scope information, estimates, evaluation criteria and results, etc. May utilize requirement management tools like Quality Center as an example.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field
- 5-6 years of professional analyst experience.
- Proven communication and problem solving skills, detail-orientated
- Proven technical proficiency and desktop computing skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Sungard OmniPlus
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.