Credit Risk Analyst III
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by TIAA Bank
Responsible for ensuring that an appropriate framework exists for the monitoring, reporting and analysis of credit risk. This includes ensuring relevant publications are prepared for the business units, senior management, regulatory reporting, risk officers, management committees, the Board of Directors and other stakeholders. In addition to preparing publications, responsible for adapting content as requested to maintain relevancy in changing business environment. This includes analytical research and risk reporting to support management decision making and strategic objectives.
This position plays an integral role in the design and development of standard reports and dashboards, leads ad hoc analytical projects, and supports Executive Committee presentation materials. While this role is primarily focused on reporting and analysis, the ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude and understanding of database concepts.Essential functions
- Takes an active role in the design, development, and production of monthly MIS reporting, Credit Committee presentations, and KPI dashboards to support portfolio monitoring and strategy.
- Support ad hoc requests that may include industry benchmarking, new product research, concentration analysis or developing additional insights to TIAA's credit risk profile and trends.
- Assist in development of enterprise-wide consolidated credit risk reporting framework ensuring accuracy and integrity of data.
- Undertake analytical projects to support quarterly earnings, regulatory disclosures, analyst, investor, and Rating Agency inquiries and due diligence support.
- Collaborates across the organization to ensure consistency in processes, assumptions, definitions and methodologies.
- Ensure that reporting processes are well controlled and documented; reconciliation of data to GL and perform variance analysis between risk information and financial data as needed.
- Support process improvement, report automation and standardization of data & metrics.
- Effective at building insights from research, data collection and analysis. May assist with reviews and updates to credit policy or other LOB specific projects.
- Detail oriented with ability to effectively prioritize and balance multiple projects accurately in a time critical environment.
- Ability to independently evaluate and then translate technical and complex information into concise and accurate executive level presentations.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to develop relationships with business partners across multiple teams.
- Ability to understand and support broad range of products/asset types through reporting function.
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of equivalent analytical/data mining experience, required.
- 4 or more years in financial reporting and analytical experience. General banking experience may be substituted for up to 2 years of this requirement
- Experience in data mining with large and complex datasets, required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- SAS or SQL experience strongly preferred.
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- DMV Check
- Past Employment Verification
- Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
TIAA, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. No associate or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.
TIAA, FSB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at TIAA, FSB via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at TIAA, FSB in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of TIAA, FSB, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by TIAA, FSB as a result of the referral or through other means.
TIAA, FSB will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by TIAA, FSB, or (c) consistent with TIAA, FSB's legal duty to furnish information.
Location: FL - Jacksonville, NC - Charlotte
Activation Date: Tuesday, November 6, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, February 1, 2019
Michael Page International - US
Penske Truck Leasing