Server - Restaurant-La Hacienda
Posted on Nov 26, 2018 by Delaware North
Serves food and beverage items to guests in accordance with the Company s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
* Greets guests at table and supplies guests with menus if necessary
* Communicates daily specials, answers questions about menu items, and takes beverage and/or food orders
* Serves alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, adheres to all unit and company alcohol service policies and procedures.
* Enters orders into point-of-sale system so that kitchen staff can prepare food.
* Picks up drinks and food when orders are ready and delivers orders to guests
* Observes and follows-up with guests to respond if they require additional service
* Prepares and delivers check to guests at table
* Accepts and processes payment or directs customer to cashier
* Performs opening, closing, and side work duties as assigned
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Cleans table and prepares it for next guests
* Makes suggestions to management to improve service, or change menus
* Trains others on job duties and company procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Previous experience as a server, or similar guest service position strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company s GuestPath Universal Service Standards
* Ability to complete required pre-employment alcohol service training
* Basic math skills, with ability to accurately total guest checks and make correct change.
* Possess basic knowledge of standard drink recipes and alcohol brand names.
* Verbal communication skills; listening skills with ability to take beverage orders and fill those orders correctly.
* Ability to remain standing for entire length of shift
* Constant walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
* Ability to lift stock up to 50 pounds occasionally.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Bar environment- noise level may be moderate to high during busy times
Associated topics: anfitri?nas, hostess, maitre d, mesera, mesero, server camarero, servidor, steward, tasting, waiter