Accountant I - Commercial Finance
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by TIAA Bank
Assist in timely preparation and posting of daily and monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, accounting research and variance analysis for assigned division.
- Assist with daily business unit reporting
- Assist with monthly variance analysis
- Prepare and post journal entries for daily and month end close activities
- Monitor, maintain and reconcile various general ledger accounts; clear outstanding items as required
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting as assigned
- Cross train on various accounting functions within the department
- Assist with year end audit
- Research outstanding issues as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Strong spreadsheet and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with some supervision in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Team player
- Ability to multi-task
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required
- Accounting, finance or business related degree preferred
- 2 - 4 years accounting experience or a Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Banking and / or mortgage industry experience preferred
- Oracle Financials experience preferred
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- DMV Check
- Past Employment Verification
- Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
TIAA, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. No associate or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.
TIAA, FSB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at TIAA, FSB via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at TIAA, FSB in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of TIAA, FSB, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by TIAA, FSB as a result of the referral or through other means.
TIAA, FSB will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by TIAA, FSB, or (c) consistent with TIAA, FSB legal duty to furnish information.
Location: NJ - Parsippany
Activation Date: Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, February 1, 2019
Avis Budget Group