SOX Financial Analyst II
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by TIAA Bank
The Primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the internal control over financial reporting (ICFR) assessment of a set of assigned Bank business processes and assess the design and operating effectiveness of the key controls indentified within the assigned processes in compliance with FDICIA. This position will partner with the business areas, internal controls Project Management Office, and external and internal auditors as needed to ensure all in-scope processes, risk and controls are properly documented and evaluated.
- Assist in analyzing and reviewing assigned processes, risks and controls to ensure key risks and key controls have been identified and there are no gaps.
- Participate in design meetings and control walkthroughs to evaluate and document design effectiveness of the key controls.
- Assist in updating test plans and testing the operating effectiveness of key controls at interim, year-end and remediation testing.
- Ensure proper documentation of completed ICFR assessment.
- Identify control deficiencies and communicate the deficiency to the Finance Management, the business areas and the ICU PMO. This includes drafting the issue document.
- Assist the business areas with developing a remediation action plan for issues identified.
- Coordinate test samples and meetings with external and internal auditors to minimize duplicate work on the business areas and ensure the external auditors have what they need to complete their testing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- General understanding of financial/operational reporting, auditing concepts and practices
- Familiar with SOX requirements and concepts
- Strong spreadsheet and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Detailed oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook; Visio preferred)
- Team Player
- Ability to multi-task
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting, Finance or related business area
- 4-6 years accounting, audit or financial services industry experience
- Banking and/or mortgage industry experience preferred
- Experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and OCC/FDICIA preferred.
- Possess or pursuing accounting or audit-specific certifications, such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), desirable but not required
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- DMV Check
- Past Employment Verification
- Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
TIAA, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. No associate or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.
TIAA, FSB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at TIAA, FSB via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at TIAA, FSB in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of TIAA, FSB, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by TIAA, FSB as a result of the referral or through other means.
TIAA, FSB will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by TIAA, FSB, or (c) consistent with TIAA, FSB's legal duty to furnish information.
Location: FL - Jacksonville
Activation Date: Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, January 1, 2019