Enterprise Risk Management Reporting Lead
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by TIAA Bank
The Enterprise Risk Management Reporting Lead is primarily responsible for regularly-scheduled and ad-hoc business intelligence analysis in support of Board and management risk committee reporting. Using in-depth technical abilities, this role will develop expert knowledge about TIAA Bank's risk reporting, establishing close working links with the Risk Management and Compliance teams, to ensure strong contact points for the coordination of MIS activities, as well as building a knowledge base of the Bank's data sources to better drive insightful reporting. This role will craft communications related to reporting & analysis discovery for audiences at all levels of the organization. The Enterprise Risk Management Reporting Lead will be focused on designing, developing and delivering critical reports, dashboards, and analytic solutions that support executive and board-level committee presentation materials. The ideal candidate will have strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills and will take initiative to support process improvement, report automation and standardization.
- Translate high-level information into insights and details; Ability to understand and extrapolate the key messages, trends and information derived from the data, reports, etc.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources.
- Develop and maintain close links with supported Risk Officers and Compliance Directors to manage insight-driven reporting commitments, operational management reporting, and key dashboards.
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure consistency in processes, assumptions, definitions, and methodologies used for executive and Board-level reporting.
- Develop effective business intelligence reporting using data from multiple sources and teams.
- Sources, identifies and monitors key metrics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding and experience in providing high quality MIS, delivering timely, accurate and insightful analysis under tight deadlines and potentially multiple competing priorities.
- Able to conceptualize the business need and deliver an innovative approach to solutions.
- Strong presentation skills, proficient with PowerPoint and graphical data representation
- Communicate with all levels of associates to coordinate gathering of presentations, reports, and other meeting material in a timely manner.
- Inquisitive thinker with a curious, strategic mindset.
- Attention to detail and high personal standards for accuracy and quality of work produced.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree, or 3 years financial reporting and analytical experience required, preferably in the banking, finance or mortgage industry.
- Experience preparing executive-level meeting presentations.
- Experience operating in a manually intensive data environment, extracting information from disparate sources and transforming it into meaningful information.
- Ability to analyze and succinctly summarize content, and ensure consistent messaging.
- Project planning and project management experience a plus.
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- DMV Check
- Past Employment Verification
- Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
TIAA, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. No associate or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.
TIAA, FSB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at TIAA, FSB via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at TIAA, FSB in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of TIAA, FSB, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by TIAA, FSB as a result of the referral or through other means.
TIAA, FSB will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by TIAA, FSB, or (c) consistent with TIAA, FSB's legal duty to furnish information.
Location: FL - Jacksonville
Activation Date: Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, December 22, 2018