Collector - Vendor Equipment Finance
Posted on Nov 16, 2018 by TIAA Bank
Perform collections activities on commercial accounts.
- Analyze payment problems and work with customers to identify and implement solutions including approval of payment extensions within guidelines.
- Determine when account problems are severe and warrant transition to workout specialist or outside collection agency and/or write off.
- Accountable for professional interactions with customers.
- Contribute to reports on delinquent account activity to management.
- May include coordination of end of lease activities.
- Works independently on standard transactions.
- Seeks assistance on complex issues.
- Makes decision within establish guidelines and policies.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements):
- Analysis/Decision Making
- Planning & Organizing, System Tools & Technologies
Training and Experience:
- 3+ yrs collections exp. preferably in a leasing or financial environment
- BS preferred or equivalent experience
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- DMV Check
- Past Employment Verification
- Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
TIAA, FSB is an equal opportunity employer. No associate or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation.
TIAA, FSB is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at TIAA, FSB via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at TIAA, FSB in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of TIAA, FSB, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by TIAA, FSB as a result of the referral or through other means.
TIAA, FSB will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by TIAA, FSB, or (c) consistent with TIAA, FSB's legal duty to furnish information.
Location: NJ - Parsippany
Activation Date: Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, November 15, 2018