Mobile App Developer
Posted on Jun 10, 2022 by Fargro
This is an exciting opportunity to join a project which will drive significant environmental benefits in horticultural fresh produce and ornamental production.
We are recruiting a Mobile App Developer to join our team.
You will be someone with high energy and high EQ capable of creating an atmosphere of engagement within a small, focussed team. You will have excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication. You must have an optimistic and positive outlook and be commercially astute.
You will be an individual who is eager to be involved in the development of a ground-breaking solution which will be a paradigm shift in horticulture, delivering significant measurable, commercial, and environmental advantages to the production of fresh produce and ornamentals.
Above all, you must be a creative problem solver.
You will probably have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject. You are likely to have 5+ years of relevant experience.
Summary of Role
You will be responsible for the development of the customer mobile app interfaces of our solution. This means managing our design requirements in collaboration with the Project team and external web designers. You will define clear goals for all aspects of the UI development and manage their proper execution.
You will oversee all app UI technological risks and make sure that the described solution proves to be consistent while meeting all the necessary requirements.
Skills & Experience
You will be a highly proficient C# / .NET - App Developer / Senior Software Engineer with a sound knowledge of database and spatial technologies. You will have knowledge across a broad spectrum of programming languages and techniques who have demonstrable experience applying both existing and modern technologies in developing solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of a key role to design, develop, test, and maintain mobile applications using Xamarin / C# for both iOS and Android to enterprise standards
- Thorough knowledge of one or more technologies (Unity, OpenGL, AR / VR Content)
- You must have strong database experience and be used to dealing with large datasets and/or real time information
- Experience with designing high quality User Interfaces for Mobile Applications
- Experience of working with Augmented Reality development tools, and capable of directing development within our chosen AR SDK
- Ability to work within DevOps and Agile methods
- Hybrid working - principally from our offices near Arundel, but regular working from our offices combined with working from anywhere is welcome.
- Salary Range, £45k to £55k
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- 23 days holiday (plus public holidays)
- Employee discount
- Excellent working environment
- Own transport is essential
Please send your C.V. and covering letter.
Fargro Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
Based in West Sussex, Fargro is the UK's largest specialist wholesaler of horticultural solutions and products, and a leading authority, in developing and selling biopesticide solutions and integrated pest/disease management and other specialist products to horticultural growers and professional gardeners.
Founded 75 years ago as a 'farmers and growers' co-operative, Fargro was demutualised in 2007 and completed a private-equity backed management buy-out in 2021. Today, Fargro has a varied customer base ranging from multi-hectare glasshouse growers, garden centres, fruit farms, specialist and pharmaceutical growers and sports grounds, to many of the UK's most treasured attractions and gardens, including the National Trust and the Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew, Wisley and Wakehurst.
Fargro has proudly held a Royal Warrant, granted by the Queen, for 50 years, and works closely with Buckingham Palace, Hampton Court, Balmoral, Windsor Castle, and Frogmore Cottage.
Fargro was a pioneer in the use of macro-biologicals, the use of beneficial insects to control pests; technical solutions for crop protection and plant health; and new digital technologies to aid growers, including wireless remote-sensing and the application of data driven decision making to maximise crop health and minimise wastage.
Specialist products, many of which are exclusive, include fertilisers, biodegradable pots, growing media, and agrochemicals. Fargro are specialist importer and distributors of decorative pots, planters, baskets and gifts for growers, retailers and garden centres throughout the UK.