Oracle Database Administrator
Posted on Jun 10, 2022 by Enterprise Digital Resources
A successful individual will work on the ongoing functional support and improvement of our current database infrastructure.
As an Oracle DBA with our customer, you will have the following Responsibilities:
- Supporting a 24-hour and 7-day a week production environment with SLA's.
- Manage and resolve issues in relation to Oracle databases and dependent applications.
- Lifecycle management including automation and maintenance.
- Meeting the infrastructure requirements of new projects and overseeing their progress to business as usual applications.
- Install/configure/manage/monitor Oracle Databases
- Database patching/upgrading
For this position expected to show evidence of skills or significant experience with:
- Oracle database support at 19g - at least 3 years
- Diagnostic and Tuning skills for Oracle databases with OEM
- Strong knowledge of backup and recovery and High availability options
- Good Knowledge of Linux and Aix Operating Systems
- Previous Experience in Production support and supporting development teams
- Ability to work well with offshore teams and 3rd party vendors.
- Good presentation and communication skills, written & verbal
- Good problem solving skills
- Good Shell Scripting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability to integrate into the DBA Team with knowledge sharing and good documentation.
- Keeping to deadlines working under pressure when needed
Skills in the following areas will be of advantage to an applicant
- Oracle E-business Financials
- OEM 13c
- Database Cloning
- HA RAC and Data Guard
- DevOps experience and using products such as JIRA and GITHUB.
- Oracle Middleware Infrastructure
- Informatica PowerCenter And Data Quality tools