Senior Server Engineer (Windows/Intel)
Posted on Jun 10, 2022 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Location: Hybrid working model 3 days mandatory from office Leeson Lane, Dublin 2. D02TR60
Hours: 8.00 am- 18:00pm
The Department is migrating its ICT operations to a service provided by the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OGCIO). This project will entail moving the management and administration of range of common core ICT desktop services used by every organisation, including PCs, laptops, hybrid/tablet devices, office productivity suite, email, local network, Internet access, telephone, and service desk support services as well as the associated underpinning hosting infrastructure and cyber security services. Phase 1 of the project is expected to be completed in November 2022 and the residual Line of Business systems moved in the following 6 months.
The Department wishes to employ a contractor to work within an existing network team of 4, and to assist with both the current day to day operations of the infrastructure and the migration of the systems to the OGCIO. The contractor will have to analyse existing infrastructural solutions and provide advice on the most suitable migration paths or alternative technologies for those systems that are being retained within the Department.
- 7 years working in a similar environment with strong working knowledge as out lined in the Skillsets below.
- The resource must be available to provide services from the commencement date of the services estimated to be 1st July 2022 or ASAP thereafter.
- MCP or Microsoft Administrator qualifications
- there may be some requirement to travel to some of the regional offices. Mileage will be paid at standard civil service rates.
- The Resource proposed must be fluent in the English language. The Resources CV must indicate whether the Resource is a native English speaker or otherwise. Where a Resource is NOT a native/fluent English speaker, s/he must have the following: A certificate under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages at level C2 Mastery or Proficiency, or equivalent.
(However, where a proposed Resource is fluent in English but does not have the certificate, the Framework Client will accept the proposed Resource's CV for evaluation. Should the proposed Resource rank in the highest three and be invited for presentation, the Framework Client will verify the English Requirement during the presentation)
- Note: Evidence (ie a copy of the relevant certifications) of these will be required prior to contract award.
- Microsoft Server 2 and Windows 10 administration
- Microsoft Direct Access
- Microsoft Exchange 2016 administration
- VMware 6 including management and configuration of production virtual-machine environments.
- Commvault 11
- Symantec 14 SEP/EDR administration and threat hunting
- MS Teams & Teams Rooms & Teams Phones
- MS Cloud Tenant administration
- MS SQL 2019 administration experience
- Azure, Intune, Autopilot and MDT
- MS WSUS
- Enterprise level security technologies. (Firewalls, web proxies, email gateways)
- Remote access technologies, network access control, security, and connectivity issues
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting server-related issues in a time-critical and pressured team environment.
- Configuration and application of Windows Security updates and remediation of risks, including server and desktop hardening, utilising MS 365 E3 licensing.
- Proposals to senior management on technical strategies.
- Systems Documentation
- Experience of dealing with workloads via call-logging systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication and documentation skills.
- Flexibility, self-motivation, drive, initiative and ability to work under pressure.