Senior Network Support Engineer/Administrator
Posted on Jun 10, 2022 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
The Department is migrating its ICT operations to a service provided by the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OGCIO). This project will entail moving the management and administration of range of common core ICT desktop services used by every organisation, including PCs, laptops, hybrid/tablet devices, office productivity suite, email, local network, Internet access, telephone and service desk support services as well as the associated underpinning hosting infrastructure and cyber security services. Phase 1 of the project is expected to be completed in November 2022 and the residual Line of Business system moved in the following 6 months.
The Department wishes to employ a contractor to work within an existing network team of 4, and to assist with both the current day to day management of the network, and the migration of the systems to the OGCIO. The contractor will have to analyse existing infrastructural solutions and provide advice on the most suitable migration paths or alternative technologies for those systems that are being retained within the Department.
Occasionally, the Resource may be required to provide additional services outside of normal office hours. It is not expected that these requirements will be a regular occurrence, however, where such requirements do occur, the Resource will be expected to facilitate same. As such, Candidates should not cost for the provision of additional services outside of normal office hours in the Per Diem Rate proposed in the tender response, however standard civil service overtime rates will apply. Candidates are required to confirm their understanding and acceptance of this requirement in their responses to this SRFT
- 7 years working in a similar environment
- 7+ years of extensive professional experience in their specialized field.
- Strong theoretical base in subject area, with ability to apply best practice principles to the subject matter context.
- Acts as the senior responsible person on major client engagements.
- Experience in leading complex projects/programmes.
- Responsible for leading a high performing team of professionals, including the ability to coordinate contributions of other specialists to complete a joint project.
- Must be available to provide services from the commencement date of the services estimated to be 1st July 2022 or ASAP thereafter.
- CCNA Qualifications.
- Full Driving license/transport/Business Insurance (There may be some requirement to travel to some of the regional offices. Mileage will be paid at standard civil service rates.)
- Must be fluent in the English language. (Where a Resource is NOT a native/fluent English speaker, s/he must have the following: A certificate under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages at level C2 Mastery or Proficiency, or equivalent)
MANDATORY EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH:
- Critical Network Services (DNS, DHCP, HTTP/S, FTP, VLANs)
- Remote access technologies (MS Direct Access, SSL VPNs - NetConnect)
- Enterprise web Proxy - Barracuda
- Enterprise grade Firewalls - Checkpoint (including IDS/IPS) and Fortigate
- Load balancers - Kemp
- Switching - Dell/HP Aruba
- Email filtering - IronPort
- Microsoft on premise and cloud gateways
- Unified communications MS Teams and Skype
- Voice architecture - VoIP
- Wi-Fi solutions - Ubiquiti
- Symantec 14 SEP/EDR administration and threat hunting
- Backups & Disaster Recovery
- Working with Government networks
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting network related issues in a time-critical and pressured team environment.
- Configuration and application of Network Security updates and remediation of risks.