Project Manager- Pensions Experience- Contract
Posted on Jun 10, 2022 by Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
I am actively recruiting for a Project Manager with an extensive background in pensions along with pensions compensation experience. The associate will have a wide range of project management skills and will be able to cope in an environment with a lot of moving parts. This is a complex project; its technically challenging from a pension perspective with a lot of moving parts and a vociferous membership. We need a person that understands and is comfortable with pensions complexity, and can roll their sleeves up and immerse themselves in the demanding workflow and decision making within the project. We need a self-starter that works well with others and will get involved, particularly around query management and act as the lynch pin between the various teams. This person will also work with the other Project Manager regarding the overarching governance piece reporting to steering committee.
The role is outside of IR35 and remotely based with occasional travel onto client site.
- Project Manager for a minimum 6-month period and engaged on a Full time basis for this period.
- The project involves the adjustment of a number of members benefit calculations to align with several new legal requirements, ensuring that future payments are correct and issuing arrears payments where required. In some cases manual calculations are required while in others, there is an automated spreadsheet supporting the process.
- There are a number of moving parts within the project and some challenging personalities in the project team so ability to lead in this kind of environment will be key.
- The project manager will require a good understanding of the pensions landscape and complexity of pensions.
- The project manager will need to be willing to become very involved in the essentials of both the workflow and the decision-making to ensure that the approach and activities undertaken are appropriate and driving the project forward.
- The project manager will need to review the current plan and revise it to ensure that the overarching delivery targets are achieved (currently the project is not tracking to plan and we need somebody to bring back on track)
- The project manager will need to ensure that each work strand within the project has clear roles and responsibilities defined to ensure that ownership of all stages of the process is in place.
- The project manager will need to motivate the team and drive the project forward, keeping track of progress and reporting back to the overarching project and ultimately steering committee.
- Understand the current process and implement any improvements.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills including the ability to report and update in a timely manner especially around risk and issue management.
- Assist the workflow and ensure progress is made against the project plan.
- Support with data queries and resolving errors/nonconformities.
Please contact Tom Malyon on the below details if you are interested in this position?