Posted on Nov 11, 2018 by Mercy Medical Center Clinton
**Expected Weekly Hours:**
Under the direction of the Director of Nursing, in cooperation and collaboration with the Nursing Team, the Clinical care
Coordinator is to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities of the community. Such supervision must be in accordance
with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Director of Nursing and/or Administrator/Executive Director to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
**Job Description Details:**
1. Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity
Health and Trinity Senior Living Communities in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
2. Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) Sanctuary Values to all internal and external customers (residents, visitors, volunteers, and associates.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm
environment throughout the community. Actively participates / intervenes with direct care as needed and as a role model in ongoing Sanctuary Training of personnel.
3. Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within TSLC.
4. Establish and/or maintain departmental procedures that support the necessary operational functions for the
Skilled Nursing Department.
5. Assist in maintaining the department budget, place orders for equipment and supplies as necessary.
6. Determine departmental staffing requirements and assist in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of
personnel for the Community or Department.
7. Monitor department work hours (including vacation and holiday schedules), personnel, work assignments, etc., to ensure proper workflow and adequate staffing levels in compliance with state minimum regulations and sanctuary budgeted PPD hours.
8. Evaluate, develop, mentor, coach, counsel and discipline department staff. Supports community personnel from other departments through coaching and mentoring to help achieve optimum standard of excellence. Addresses issues of concern through courageous conversation and notifies department manager of any interactions requiring
9. Participate in community surveys and when necessary develop a plan of correction for department deficiencies.
10. Admit, transfer and discharge residents as required. Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting etc., and activities.
11. Assist in the development of preliminary and comprehensive assessments of the nursing needs of each resident. Review resident's medical and nursing treatments to ensure that they are provided in accordance with the resident's care plan and wishes.
12. Ensure that all nursing personnel are in compliance with their respective job descriptions. Meet with the nursing staff, as well as support personnel in planning the department's services. Monitor that all departmental personnel follow established policies and procedures, including dress code.
13. Attend various committee meetings of the community as required. Assist in preparing written and/or oral reports of the nursing service programs and activities to submit to such committees.
14. Assist the Education Director in developing, implementing, and conducting in-service training programs that
relate to the nursing service department. Ensure the continuing education requirements, which allow licensed
personnel to keep their license current.
15. Monitors compliance and accuracy in Care Tracker.
16. Responds to emergency situations, gathers data pertinent to emergencies, takes appropriate action, and notifies appropriate parties. Ensures that all personnel participate in fire safety and disaster preparedness drills and follows establish infection control procedures.
17. Ensure that department work areas are maintained in a clean, sanitary and safe manner.
18. Assists Director of Nursing with incident reporting to assure complete documentation of occurrences. Analyzes data and develops appropriate action plans, identifies trends, patterns and outcomes. Provides these plans and trends to various committees attended.
19. Ensure adequate stock of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained on premises at all times to adequately meet the needs of the residents. Monitor nursing procedures to ensure that nursing service supplies are used in an efficient manner to avoid waste.
20. Monitor that staff is using equipment properly. Participate in the development and implementation of the
procedures for the safe operation of all nursing equipment.
21. Must function independently, make independent decisions, demonstrate flexibility, personal integrity and ability to work effectively with residents and personnel.
22. Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the community policies and procedures.
23. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, TSLC Corporate Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
**Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion**
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Trinity Health offers rewarding careers in a community environment with all the advantages of working at one of the nation's largest health systems. We provide high-quality, people-centered care in 22 states through our network of hospitals, facilities, community-based services, and continuing care locations - including home care, hospice, Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), and senior living facilities. If you are looking for a rewarding clinical or administrative position, you'll find exceptional career possibilities, opportunities for advancement and a job with meaning at Trinity Health.
Trinity Health employs more than 131,000 colleagues across 22 states. We honor and embrace a diverse representation of people, ideas and backgrounds. Our dedication to diversity is evident in our commitment to training, education, recruitment, retention and development, as well as community partnerships and supplier diversity.
Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences and health practices of the communities we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive outcomes. We recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world, and that our differences not only serve to unite us, but also lead to innovative solutions.
ACTS Retirement- Life Communities
Gentiva Health Services, Inc.
Dialysis Clinic, Inc.
Achieve Rehab and Nursing Facility
New York State Office of Mental Health (OMH)
Holy Redeemer Home Care
Medexpress Urgent Care