Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Rockwell Automation
The Test Technician is responsible for performing functions associated with all manufacturing operations and testing for a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies and/or sub-assemblies per established standard workmanship and operating procedures. This position performs functions associated with manufacturing testing, including working with engineers to set up the system project for test as well as performing rework and quality testing related to the production of parts, components, subassemblies and final assemblies in compliance with all business processes and procedures.
- Performs continuity and functional testing of completed assemblies or subassemblies circuits to verify operation as designed per established standard workmanship and operating procedures.
- Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation and harnessing on assembly units.
- Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans.
- Performs Quality Control inspections and checks during test procedure. Records results, deficiencies or variances accurately against test process checklist.
- Performs adjustments and reworks as needed to meet functional design, quality and customer specifications.
- Completes testing and final documentation of completed assemblies and control and drive systems including determining test equipment, processes, and requirements for testing & evaluating.
- Performs visual and mechanical inspection of units.
- Sets-up and provides all electrical connections to both single and multiple units.
- Performs diagnostics and troubleshoots in order to isolate errors to determine required modifications.
- At engineering's discretion, may verify software performance.
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates machine tools for various types of machine shop equipment, including jig saw, band saw, miter saw, drill press, banding tool, drills, overhead crane and hoists, etc.
- Works from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions.
- May communicate directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly.
- Checks and inspects machining operations against specified tolerances. May need to identify and adjust or revise minor design issues.
- Assists, monitors, and strictly adheres to company safety/security programs and policies.
- Ensures compliance with government health and safety regulations including participation in employee and maintaining safe and clean housekeeping practices within assigned work areas
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- At least a 2 year technical school degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology,
Manufacturing Technology, or another technical discipline.
- A minimum of 1 years' experience in functional testing, electrical and mechanical manufacturing assembly, and wiring
of electro-mechanical assemblies of control systems and drive systems.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the
future, for this job opening.
- Experience with motor control theory testing of hardware/industrial control products.
- Familiarity with Variable Frequency Drives.
- Knowledge of PLCs
- Ability to read and understand complex electrical wiring schematics, assembly layout drawings, and ladder diagrams.
- Must be able to use hand tools and power tools, measuring equipment including torque wrenches, digital and analog
test instruments, and meters, etc.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic circuits, formulas and calculations to determine correct
circuits, voltage, amperes, resistance, inductance, and capacitance.
- Familiarity with electrical power and safety practices.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
Control Products and Solutions
Engineering and Technicians
No. of Positions:
Golden - Colorado
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.
Nikkiso Cryo Inc.