Power Sports Service Tech
Posted on Nov 19, 2018 by Cabela's Inc.
Become a part of the World's Foremost Outfitter team! At Cabela's we passionately serve people who enjoy the outdoor lifestyle by delivering innovation, quality and value in our products and service. Live...Dream... Work the Adventure! Cabela's has an opening for a Full-TimeMechanic Service Technician in thePower Sports department at our Hammond, IN retail store.
Perform all service and warranty repairs on boats, motors, trailers or ATVs in a timely and efficient manner according to manufacturer specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
- Assist customers by answering specific technical questions to help the customer understand the operation of the unit and the work to be done or work already completed.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair all mechanical and electrical problems on respective boat, motors, trailers and ATVs.
- Install all types of accessory items.
- When necessary, water test unit with customers to verify work performed and to explain the operation of the product.
- Attend technical training to improve proficiency, quality of work and to achieve higher levels of certification.
- Stay familiar with painting process, decal application and fiberglass repairs.
- Perform rigging as required. Maintain a clean and professional work area.
- Follow all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Other Duties as Assigned by Management
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 0 to 2+ Years' Experience
- Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
- Ability to understand electrical systems and wiring
- Communication Skills
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner to our customers and other associates
- Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform heavy lifting up to and in excess of 50 pounds
- Ability to work both inside and outside
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Management, coworkers and customers
- Provide own tools
Cabela's shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.
Cabela's offers a competitive benefits package to include: 401k, vacation, health and dental coverage for you and your family, and employee discounts.
Purdue University Northwest
Envision Physician Services