Warehouse Manager - (Redfield, SD Distribution)
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Wilbur-Ellis
Are you ready for the next stage of your career in warehouse management? Have you built a foundation for successful achievement of warehouse management goals? Are you a strong leader focused on teamwork? If you are confident in your ability, and you said yes to these questions, we want to hear from YOU!
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an individual with that special blend of logistics and warehouse experience; with abilities in leadership and a strong interest or passion in using technology to gain efficiency.
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for providing the highest level of service to our branches and customers, management of inventory, compliance with regulatory requirements and driving improvements in operational efficiency.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possession of a valid commercial Class A driver's license with a good driving record is preferred
- Forklift Driver and Driving Certification (offered on the job)
- Required to obtain a restricted use pesticide license through South Dakota
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in warehouse management, dispatch/ logistics, or operations management; preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, capable of analyzing and solving problems through innovative thought and experience.
- Proficient with computers utilizing Microsoft Windows, Windows applications and JDE
- Willingness to operate material handling equipment including forklift, order picker, and pallet jack.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills between both customers and fellow employees
- Ability to work and contribute to a team approach with a positive attitude and outlook
- Possess the leadership skills to effectively lead warehouse team
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Oversee the efficient operations of Logistics, Warehouse, Fleet, Building and Grounds.
- Provide supervision and support to drivers, and warehouse personnel.
- Provide inventory management in the best overall economic interest of the company. Oversee daily and monthly inventory counts.
- Maintain accurate inventory records, ensuring no product leaves, or enters warehouse without necessary paperwork.
- Route and dispatch company trucks in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Take action expeditiously on all aged and damaged inventory.
- Effectively manage repairs and maintenance of company fleet and material handling equipment, including permits, registrations, and all necessary inspections.
- Ensure compliance with driver's hours of service.
- Determine storage location of products.
- Prepare hazardous materials shipping papers and train drivers, warehouse employees, and customers in transportation rules and regulations.
- Meet and complete all WECO regulatory safety and training requirements, including physical exams, self and other branch employees.
- Approve employee time slips (hours worked, vacation leave, sick leave).
- Negotiate best pricing on freight, and warehouse supplies.
- Process all purchase orders, receivers, and branch to branch transfers.
- Handle freight claims, fleet leasing and year end audits.
- Ensures that all parts are in stock, maintains proper inventory.
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience or other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.