Intern | Biological Control Monitoring
Posted on Nov 14, 2018 by Wilbur-Ellis
Are you a college student majoring in Agriculture, Business, or other related fields? Do you possess excellent leadership, multi-tasking and communication skills? If you said yes to these questions, and you have good interpersonal skills, we'd like to hear from you!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking an Agriculture Intern to help support our team in a variety of agriculture aspects while building partnerships among key teams in an effort to deliver relevant data and tools to those individuals who drive the relationships with our customers.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Proven leadership ability including ability to build relationships with cross functional team members
- Excellent written and verbal and presentation communication skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to set priorities
- Skill in creative and critical thinking to achieve goals
- Ability to remain detail oriented with a wide range of responsibilities
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- College student majoring in Agriculture, Business or a related field
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Good interpersonal skills
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Work with ornamental customers in regard to Biological Control monitoring & implementation
- Work alongside PCAs to monitor predatory insects and host to determine release dates & methods
- Be involved in turf management programs and golf (Pro Market) business & operations
- Support research and development activities in a variety of agriculture aspects
- Complete the tasks and activities outlined by the Manager and/or Mentor
- Support the employer, keep the employer's business confidential, and work for the employer's best interest.
- Comply with company safety standards
- Submit a final project, PowerPoint presentation of the internship
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage commensurate with experience and other factors
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.