Purchasing Supervisor, Wilsonville OR
Posted on Nov 17, 2018 by Wilbur-Ellis
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Purchasing Supervisor serves as the liaison between the Regional Purchasing Team, Demand Planners and the Supply Chain Strategic Leads for CPC and Branded Products. The position is responsible for ensuring the Purchasing Team follows company policies and procedures for timely order processing, regulatory compliance and inventory management. The Purchasing Supervisor leads the Purchasing Team in the execution of the tactical plan provided by the Director of Operations, Demand Planners and Supply Chain Strategic Lead. This role monitors the resolution of pricing discrepancies, as well as acts as a primary liaison between the Purchasing Team and Supply Chain departments for discrepancy resolutions.
Key skills and Abilities include:
- Proficiency with computers intermediate to advanced level utilizing Microsoft Windows, Windows applications and ERP order entry systems. JD Edwards practice and process training will be provided
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills (verbal, written and media) with supported branches and fellow employees. Knowledge of mathematical concepts and the ability to apply such concepts as fractions, percentages and ratios to practical application with accuracy
- Reads, writes and speaks the English language fluently
Key Personal Attributes include:
- Strengths in teamwork and the ability to support and/or lead a team to meet changing business priorities and needs
- Dependability with strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail along with ability to prioritize multiple assignments. Ability to read, absorb, analyze and interpret written procedures and reports. Ability to learn detailed and specific procedures and processes and execute them accurately and efficiently.
- Customer Orientation - establishes and maintain long-term customer relationships building trust and respect from assigned team and branch customers
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables include:
- Ensure assigned staff maintains on-time processing of orders. Responds to and ensures that all purchasing and inventory inquiries are responded to in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner by purchasing staff. Serves as the first escalation point for customer issue resolution.
- Participates in procurement of product from ordering through staging of product for maintenance of adequate inventory levels. Participates in rational inventory movement.
- Maintain high degree of communication between Purchasing Team and Supply Chain Strategic Lead.
- Supervises daily activities of all assigned Purchasing Assistants, including staffing, PTO, etc.
- Assist in the hiring, training, development of purchasing staff, and performance evaluations to maintain knowledge, skills sets and dependability required for efficient operations and customer service.
- Monitor and enforce corporate purchasing policies.
- Oversees and performs electronic order entry and processing (sales order, shipping documents, invoicing) utilizing JD Edwards Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Oversees communication flow, record maintenance and reports utilized by the Purchasing Team, evaluating need for improvements in processes and/or system use.
- Establishes and maintains a communicative, coordinated and cooperative relationship with all other departments within the Company.
- Leads in modeling desired safety-minded awareness, behaviors and practices. Complies with all safety rules and regulations (including but not limited to: Safety, Human Resources, Federal, State and local statutes) while performing work assignments and adheres to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Perform all other duties as assigned in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to sit at a desk or computer terminal to perform writing, and keying/typing information for long periods of time
- At least 5 years of supply chain experience, preferable in the purchasing area
- Associates or bachelor degree in business or inventory management preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Full employee health and retirement benefit offerings
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Wilsonville Concrete Products