Remelt Area Manager
Posted on Nov 15, 2018 by Arconic
300 South Hall RoadAlcoa, TN
At least 5 year(s)
Job Description Arconic is currently in search of a Remelt Area Manager to join our Global Rolled Products (GRP) business unit located in Alcoa, TN. We are one of the most modern aluminum fabricating facilities in the world. Our plant produces high-quality aluminum sheet for the automotive industry and is recognized as an industry leader.
This position will be responsible for the 24/7 operation of the Remelt facility at Arconic's Tennessee Operations. Under the direction of the Manufacturing Manager, the successful candidate will be accountable for all aspects of Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Cost while ensuring on-time delivery of molten metal to the Tennessee Ingot facilities. The successful candidate will supervise production supervisors and hourly personnel.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Align with the Manufacturing Manager to ensure the execution of the production and financial goals and expectations;
- Support the plant in strategic business improvement activities that will focus on improving the safety, quality, delivery, and productivity with a results-oriented approach;
- Accelerate and manage change in the process, product, and resources of the department;
- Act as SMART Manufacturing SPA to drive technology to meet business objectives;
- Responsible for planning and, at times, leading Kaizen and safety events in area;
- Ensure the daily management boards are developed, implemented, and maintained to facilitate appropriate focus on the department's objectives, performance, and improvements.
- Coach and develop skills of direct and indirect reports;
- Partner with the Human Resources function to establish, coordinate and monitor department-specific people systems (performance management, reward and recognition, compensation, employee engagement, employee development, succession planning, hiring process, new employee onboarding, etc.);
- Develops and maintains a smooth functioning communications system with departments and other personnel across the site. Ensures good communications among and between shifts and crews.
- Identify and coordinate efforts on cost reduction, process improvements, and support and lead the execution of problem solving efforts related to process and machine improvements;
- Reviews PFMEAs for Processes and Equipment to ensure potential risks are mitigated regarding safety, quality, and equipment reliability.
- Manage and drive EHS improvements for employees and contractors;
- Demonstrate safe work ethic and promotion of Human Performance (HP) across the department and plant;
- Partner with Procurement to ensure appropriate contracts and service agreements are in place to support the operations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 4 years of supervisory/management experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a heavy manufacturing environment;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management, Business, or Engineering;
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience within the aluminum industry, steel, or metals industry;
- Experience working with casting and molten metal;
- Experience with continuous improvement/lean manufacturing principles;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint);
- Experience working in a union environment;
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to solve complex problems simultaneously while maintaining competing priorities and timelines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.